• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

puter

chalky

hello all you puter bods i cant shut down my puter it keeps comming up with a box saying ending program at the top of the box it says win min i have to click end now three times then it just shuts down anyway. anyone know whats going on ?

cheers scott. :D  :D  :D

Hi Scott, mine does the same thing from time to time it is normally if there is a program still running and hasn't fully been shut down, nothing serious. I think this is what you were getting at? I wait to be proven wrong.

HTH

Take a note of what the program(me) is called.

Put the name exactly as it appears, into Google.

You'll find a fix for it in no time, I'm sure......

Blatman the IT support engineer :D

Watch it, I'll start giving people mechanical advice soon.

:t-up:

Andy

I tell you, Google has practically never failed me......... ;)

I should have said that your advice was right, wasn't implying that it wasn't.

Having failed to help out Rob with his 'puter, I think I'll pass on advising people about them for a while :)

Andy

Tell you what, I'll do 'puter stuff, you can do techie stuff. I'll bet within a week, half the Westfields will be off the road, and none of them will be able to find out why, 'cos their computers won't work........

Still, at least it'll be nice and quiet....

Tell you what, I'll do 'puter stuff, you can do techie stuff. I'll bet within a week, half the Westfields will be off the road, and none of them will be able to find out why, 'cos their computers won't work........

Still, at least it'll be nice and quiet....

Now there's an idea.

:devil:

Andy

i also keep getting links in my favorites box that i never used evrytime i delete them they are there again when i turn on the puter how can i get rid of them for good ???????????:blues::blues:

Sounds like you've got some SpyWare in there...download AdAware (there's a free version) and see what that finds.

There's another one too, can't remember the name of it.

Maybe my deputy can remember? :D

Andy

That's what I get trying to browse the boardroom while watching TV and playing poker ;)

Andy