• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Petrol Prices

Bananaman

:sheep: Surely the problem here is the huge level of taxataion taken by the government, not the price charged by the retailer ?

So we all go any buy from Tesco - the gov still get their 75-80% tax - how exactly will this bring down prices ? Sounds like junk/spam/chain mail bulls**t to me.

Apparently the theory goes that the biggest of the petrol suppliers have a fair amount of sway with the government, if they complain enough president b.liar will reduce duty on fuel to keep the public happy.

Not sure myself, they've never done anything else to keep the public happy. Although it bet it would unnerve the gov a bit and maybe just maybe it might make them think...... ???  ???

Nah probably not.

optimax is 86.9p by us now

87.9 Round here...  :0

Even standard unleaded is 82.9...  :0  :0

I rarely use anything other than shell these days. There is shell station 200 yrds from work and another 1/2 mile from home... In fact I probably run on Optimax by now  :D

I thought Shell have just had to re-calculate their reserves (twice! ), 'cos they don't have as much oil as they thought.......They're doing more harm to themsleves than we ever could......

Oh, and the e-mail in posting one is spam. Pay it no mind......