• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Exhaust manifold

Steve

Where is the best (cheapest) place to go for an exhaust manifold for a Zetec? I am trying to convert from the rear exhaust to side pipes.

Yes, I klnow the factory does them, but have you seen the price?

Are any of the competitors cheaper?

When attempting to re-engineer something, cheapest and best are rarely heard in the same sentence......

The Factory, Dunnell, and Raceline (cue Steppenwolf) all have "fit and forget" solutions, which are probably worth paying for......

I fitted one (Westfiedl Supplied) as I also converted from rear to side exhaust.

Price is OK for the amount of work involved.  It's not a back box off a 1990 Fiesta you know :0 .  Kwik Fit don't supply either.

You misunderstand, I don't want cheap as in 'grot', I want cheap as in 'beer tokens'. My world is governed by a budget (and she wears a skirt).

If Burkin, Tiger, et al, all fit Zetecs, where do they get their manifolds? Why buy from the Factory if they charge so much?

You may be surprised to learn that quite a few components supplied by Westfields represent value for money.   Just check out the cost of a pair of weber carburettors for starters.

I think you'll find you will be hard pushed to get a less expensive manifold from elsewhere.   The quality may be a little questionable - I had to swap mine within a month due to faulty welds - but as Blatman says, you pays your money and takes your choice.

You will be talking £300+ for a quality item from somewhere like Raceline, but of course, the quality shows.

My system will be replaced one day with the best, until then, I'm working to a budget too, which is why there's a Westfield system on my car.

No, you mis-understand......

If you buy "cheaper than factory/Dunnell/Raceline" you'll end up with grot, and quite possibly a manifiold that will sap power, or fall apart (or both) 'cos it isn't built right. It isn't worth skimping, IMO, 'cos it'll be more expensive in the long run, trust me.......