Chelt / Glos area meet

adhawkins

a few of the guys said we should have gone for a blat!!maybe next time.

Taking care to avoid the local plod...did anyone spot him pulling off the 419 at the pub's junction?

Tony said they were waiting in the layby North of the pub (the one just before the roundabout).

Have to be careful if we are planning a blat...

Andy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• Dommo

• Mark Purves

a few of the guys said we should have gone for a blat!!maybe next time.

Taking care to avoid the local plod...did anyone spot him pulling off the 419 at the pub's junction?

Tony said they were waiting in the layby North of the pub (the one just before the roundabout).

Have to be careful if we are planning a blat...

We'll need some one to go down on a plod spotting recky before hand, as they'll know we are there.

Great pictures of the meet lets hope there's more cars next time, BBQ and camp over sounds good in July.

That's the first meet I've been to where I've seen a number of Westfields (kudos to the guy who turned up in January / February in his! ).

You mean we can expect more? :0

Andy

was  a very good turn out and there were a few missing like neckies,badgers,ducks,acw to mention a few so should be an even better turn out next meet when there all bolted together!!!!

True enough. A number of the people mentioned (ACW and The Duck for instance) are primarily race machines. Do they 'get them out' on the road often so to speak?

Andy

A number of the people mentioned (ACW and The Duck for instance) are primarily race machines. Do they 'get them out' on the road often so to speak?

I didn't know that. We shall have to wait and see.

Anyone going to the track day on the 12 June at Castle Combe? This will be my first in the westy, is there anything I need to do to/have on the car for this? What about local garages for fueling up?

There are a number of bits of track day advice on here. Basic thing is to give the car a general check over, make sure all your levels are at their max.

Also, take it steady, and build up slowly. There are no prizes for being fastest at a track day.

Also, be careful at Combe. I've only ever driven 'parade' laps of it, but the banking looks awfully close...

Andyh

Thanks Andy I shall heed those words of wisdom as I don't want to prang it, I know there will always be some one quicker so my own pace/limits will be fine.

I'm hardly a track day expert (in fact, I haven't done a real track day yet...). I've done 3 airfield days though, and they feel much safer (if you dangler a corner up, you just carry on going straight down the runway, no harm done).

Same can't be said of most tracks however...

Andy

I'll be extra careful then, but Tony has free tickets so didn't want to miss the oportunity. I want to do an airfield day aswell so I shall have to make sure I book time off work for the next one.

Ah, you're doing an Action Day.

Brave man.

Personally, I wouldn't drive Combe on an Action Day...people drive like idiots (IMO). I was all set to go on track at the last Classic Car Action Day, until I saw what happens to a Lotus 11 when a BMW (I think) driver ignores yellow flags...

I'll stick to 'real' track days I think...

Andy

Ah, you're doing an Action Day.

Brave man.

Personally, I wouldn't drive Combe on an Action Day...people drive like idiots (IMO). I was all set to go on track at the last Classic Car Action Day, until I saw what happens to a Lotus 11 when a BMW (I think) driver ignores yellow flags...

I'll stick to 'real' track days I think...

Not that brave, listening to that maybe I'll go and watch first and go out if the other drivers aren't to much like idiots.

One of the club members said if there is enough westfields there we might be able to block one session just for us, or is it open pitlane?

It's not a 'true' track day as such. You buy a ticket for a session, and get to do your 6 laps (or whatever) in that session.

There was talk of us block booking a session, but I guess Tony would need definite answers from a number of people for that to happen.

Andy

Just a bit of a blat round the circuit a few times then?

Would be good to have a block session I'd be a definite yes, how many do you need in a session? Any ideas on how many westys are going?

Yes, a session is just something like 6 laps.

I don't know how many Westfields will be going, you'd need to check with Tony really. I'm gonna try to make it, but can't give any definite answer as of yet I'm afraid.

Andy