• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Floor mounted pedals

steve wilson

Ive been trying to source some floor mounted pedals out of a F3 or something similar. After spending all night doing various searches on google i havnt come up with no one that sells second hand race car parts. A.P's are the only ones that ive found but at over grand there a tad too dear.

I reckon pedals from a Mallock (or a Phantom, or Jedi, or OMS, or Jade, or Sports 2000, etc) would be suitable too.... :t-up:

This is one I've been revisiting recently after realising (again) how crap my overhung pedals are.  Mallock pedals look ideal and AFAIK will fit.  Spoke to Plays-Kool and was warned its a b***h of a job to fit them retrospectively.  WSC don't supply them any more as they're part of the chassis, but paul (PKM) reckons Raw Engineering do a set to fit a narrow bodied chassis.  ISTR there's also a set available from Stuart Taylor, both of the above should be significantly cheaper than AP.

Tilton do some nice pedal boxes as well, they are in the Demon theives catalogue.

a 3 pedal 3 cylider setup without master cylinders is around 300 quid I seem to remember. Don't know if it will fit or not.

I have the Westfield floor mounted pedals on my MegaBusa. I have a single tandem cylinder setup. Does anyone now of an easy way to convert to twin cylinder bias setup, without getting the welder out.

Cheers

Bazzer

Mallock have e-mailed me a spreadsheet of their parts.

CLUTCH PEDAL	45.00
PEDAL PAD	16.00
MOUNTING BRKT	9.35
THREADED ROD	3.35
----------------------------
BRAKE PEDAL, PLATED	60.00
BOTTOM BUSH	             5.00
BALANCE BAR ASSEMBLEY	83.00
BALANCE BAR CABLE	47.50
90° BALANCE BAR DRIVE	72.00
BRAKE BIAS DIGITAL GAUGE	254.00
MASTER CYLINDER, GIRLING 5/8"	24.80
MASTER CYLINDER, GIRLING 3/4"	24.80
OVERHAUL KITS	7.80
GIRLING EXTENSIONS	8.50
A.P RACING MASTER CYLINDER .7	61.00
A.P RACING MASTER CYLINDER 3/4"	61.00
A P RACING MASTER CYLINDER 5/8"	61.00
AP OVERHAUL KIT	7.23
A.P REMOTE RESERVOIRS	12.00
------------------------------------------------
THROTTLE PEDAL, PLATED  	50.00
PIVOT BOLT - PRE MK27	5.00
THROTTLE CABLE, VAUXHALL FRONT ENG	29.58
THROTTLE CABLE, VAUXHALL REAR ENG	41.00
THROTTLE CABLE, ROVER	39.50
THROTTLE CABLE CLASSIC	31.53
CLEVICE	12.20
BRACKET	18.00
VAUXHALL BARREL	7.50
VAUXHALL BARREL LINK	3.45
THROTTLE SPRING	3.60

Welding of brackets will be required, but careful planning should see it do-able, with all new bits, for a reasonable price, I reckon.......

Cheers blatman. The only other one ive found info on are Dallara at £600.Ive been looking for van diemans website to see if they do a set but i cant find a site. :arse:

during my winter rebuilt I decided to opt for floor mounted pedals. I brought some assemblys from Tiliton in the US as this was MUCH cheaper than sourcing in the UK. I went for a dual cylinder brake and clutch and then fabricated my own throttle pedal to suit.

obviously this needs some modfication and welding to the chassis to suit.

HTH,

ACW.