Need help with insurance fast!

chriswhiting

Does anyone out there know of any kit car insurance providers who would be prepared to insure a 17 year old, or have a 17 year old as a names driver on an older person's insurance?

My dad recently died of cancer and he owned a Westfield SEi, so that means its just sitting there in the garage unused.  My mum doesn't want it, so either I find some insurance or its gunna be sold.  The minimum age I can find insurance for is 18.

Any help at all would be much appreciated,

Chris

My condolences also.

Only two things really spring to mind. Have a *good* look through a Kit Car mag. Any one will do, they're all about the same as each other. Ring *all* the insurance companies and ask the same questions. Tedious it may be, but it's worth a go.

Second thing is, when are you 18? The Westfield will keep just fine for quite some time with some basic attention to detail now.

Sorry to hear your situation, it must be awkward, can't help with an insurance provider, but maybe you could get someone to insure it and take it out for a run to whet you appetite until your 18 and can insure it in your name.

It would be a shame to have to sell it when you only have to wait a year or less. Don't rush into anything. All the best, Nigel.

Sorry to Hear this, Lost my Dad to this a few years ago  :down:  :down:

What about Keeping the Westy 'Mothballed' in the Garage and getting in-touch with the local WSCC, i'm sure they'd Help in looking after the car and giving it a Run now and again, with You strapped in the Passenger seat :cool:

Then when you can get insurance you can enjoy the car for yourself.

Best wishes for the future Chris - storage for a year or two might be better and perhaps bring it out for trackdays if you can - once you're 18 you might be able to insure on your ma's name.

Good Luck - hope you manage to enjoy the car and hang on to it  ;)  ;)  ;)

My condolences also, it would be really sad to see this car go up for sale, if no luck with insurance i would definatly consider keeping hold of it, at least till your 18 or can get insured, As others have said i'm sure theres a wscc member just round the corner that would be able to adivse you on the general upkeep of the car.

Good luck

Karl

Cheers for the good wishes and advice guys.  Looks like I'm just going to have to wait till I'm 18 in October then.  Ah well, I might just be able to persuade mum to keep it till then - well its that or a Ford Fiesta as a first car anyway! :p Oh the humanity...

Chris

Sorry to hear your news.

I hope you are able to keep the car. I started my love of kitcars when I was a teenager, but didn't have one till I was 31! You'll be hard pushed to beat the feeling of driving (and owning) a Westfield. October's not long - I waited 16 years :D

Martin

Most companies charge silly money for very few limited miles, i tried this on my car at 18 y/o. only way round it was to buy a s***ty car and insure it with some one like CIS or HHH who will allow you to drive any car 3rd party. Then get some one else to insure the westy under there name.

hope this helps and good luck.

mike