Erratum: Harewood Commentary

Mrs Westy

:down: It has been brought to my attention that Mr G.Gibson esq is none too happy with the insinuation contained in the commentary that he was beaten, thrashed, trounced and outdone fairly and squarely by Westy.  

I would therefore like to confirm that I did indeed threaten Mr Gibson with a slow and painful death in the event of him trashing the car.  In no way, therefore, is his defeat a reflection on his driving ability in comparison to Westy, but merely a product of his respect for the vehicle belonging to someone else, combined with the fear and trepidation I put into him beforehand.  

In addition, Mr Gibson estimates that he lost approximately one whole second on the last run due to a crucial missed gear.  Had this unfortunate incident not happened, Mr Gibson would have finished approximately 0.6 seconds ahead of Westy.  This incident was caused entirely by Westy not taking good care of the linkage, and again was in no way a reflection of Mr Gibson's driving abilities.  

I would  therefore like to apologise to Mr Gibson for any embarrassment caused by such a biased and inaccurate piece of reporting.   :down:  :blush:

Sincerely, (no, really)

Mrs W  :down:  :down:  :p

Missed gearchange. Now where have I heard that before??? ???

I missed 2 on last run so probably woud have done a 64.28 sec run  :D

Terry

Guy - pulls out reason No. 102 part A, sub-section 6 from the Sprinters Handbook of Excuses Vol 2  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

It's funny Mark - I had a long list of pre-prepared excuses just in case.

Being threatened with disembowelment by Mrs Westy if I strayed too close to the scenery was a new one I thought up on the day!! She is very fierce though.

BTW: Have a good time at Knockhill. I'm pretty miserable this afternoon as I won't be there.

I'm pretty miserable this afternoon as I won't be there

Ditto - no Jockhill for me this year  :down:  :down:  :down:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :down: can't wait for 2005  :D  :D  :D