Cambridge Area.

chazpowerslide

Neil..the photo you have used for Martin Keene's car, is actually a photo of Mark (Coopers) car  ;)

I will bring a CD of photo's to the next meet for you, Fish n Chip run, Stonleigh etc etc

PS Get some extra mileage allowance and enjoy the next blat  :angry:

PPS Excellent start to the Cambs area web site  :t-up:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chumley-warner

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• Martin Keene

That will be my orange and black westy then.

Me name is Mark Jackson, living in Oundle, the car's an SE, registered in 2003, power is about right as is the CVH engine.

The mark coopers is because I used to have a mini cooper s.

Great site, i'll be sure to pass on photos as and when I can. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Is it gonna be cheeky if I submit a photo for the members page when I'm not a 'Member' yet....

Mark

P.s Don't tell anyone ... nudge nudge wink wink   :p

I presume all the links have worked?  It's difficult to test properly as I have all the files on my machine.  And I tried it at home and some of the icons didn't load but, I think that's my Zone Alarm being overly cautious.

Sorry about that, David.  It's the only one I had that just showed your car!

I thought I was right with Mark.  What's your REAL surname then, Mark?

I could put up a Member photo, Sparky.  Give me your name & car details and turn up for a spot of drunken punting on the 6th June [/plug] :D

And that goes for everyone :p

ChrisF, my insurance starts again on Sunday.  Woo-hoo! I've found the larger image you sent me of your car.  I'll try and stick it up at lunchtime.*

*Note.  I upload to a different server so, it'll take a couple of days to get copied across.

Cheers.

Hi , Any of you Cambs. fellas goiing to Le Mans. We leave on the Thursday 10.30 pm Ports.- Le Havre route.Maybe see some of you there?

Will be in my red SEiW 1600 CVH. BTW I am from the West Suffolk area.

Regards John H

John Henry - I am going but on the Friday morning from Dover-Calais

All - fettling session at my house this afternoon 2pm onwards bring a Westfield party - well at least until tea time!

CB11 3WH go search on a map my mobile is 07711746310 - currently in SW London - so give me a chance to get home!

Will be in my red SEiW 1600 CVH. BTW I am from the West Suffolk area.

Regards John H

Hi John

Whereabouts in West Suffolk are you?

I live about 6 miles south of Bury St Edmunds just off the Sudbury road. I have a green 1600 CVH. Maybe we could meet up sometime

Regards Neil

Pump hot swap was relatively straight-forward - right up until it didn't work. Running around the car with a multimeter did not find anything immediate apart from a huge voltage drop from 12V to 1V on the circuit in question - in fact all circuits - then I remembered my dodgy dash board problem - tried to turn the ignition whilst playing with the dash and the pump kicked in and would then cut out as I flexed the dash again.

Not good....

Tried the headlights and left them on put as I got out of the car Adi saw that the headlights were flickering which meant it was not the ignition circuit at all. DH2 looked at the big cable from the battery to the cut off switch and found a badly connected cable to spade connector. One kilo of solder later - hey presto - fuel pump works, starter button works, everything works and flexing the dash doesn't do anything any more!

I still need to fit my new starter button - cos it is nice - but praise to Adi (Mitchell), Andy T and DH2 for their words of advice and help!

I think I now have a spare fuel pump, which is probably not broken but is very dirty and in need of a clean!

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Glad you have it all sorted  :D  :D

I'm suprised anybody managed to find anything in your engine bay as it's a bit er...full of V8  :p

Have a good time at Le mans and I hope to se you on the 6th.

Chaz.

Hi Neil. Good to know theres a few more CVH engined westys around the area. Hope to make an area meet in the near future and will maybe see you there. My home is in Lakenheath.

Hello Mr Chumley-Warner. Will keep an eye open for you at the circuit.

Best regards, John

Glad you got it sorted and sorry i couldn't make it (too much drunken studentry to get out of my system :D )

If you need any more help over the coming week let me know and I'll pop over, I may also be able to help you with your spare fuel pump problem (assuming its good for a 350bhp injected engine :blues: )