Cambridge Area.

chazpowerslide

I'll be at Tesco Milton till 8:15 prior to driving over to Downham Market to meet the rest at 9am.

Chaz.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chumley-warner

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• Martin Keene

Chaz

Liam, Mark and I will definately be at Downham Market at 9am....Martin is still not committing  :p

Chumley...Milton is just outside Cambridge off the A14 junction with the A10, It's only a small place so the Tesco should be easy to locate.

See you then  :cool:

Update!!!!!

Steve and some of the Bedford crew (Three westies and a Dax) will be meeting us at Milton Tesco.

We'll be at Downham Market by 9am but if we're a little late please hang on for us, I'm depending on the Beds lot being on time which they should be.

Mr CW, head up the A14, turn of at the Milton exit and you'll see the Tesco.

We'll be by thye recycling area.

Chaz.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....

Thanks to all the guys for helping me with a sickly Bam-Bam. It would appear the fuel pump has given up the ghost so I need to order a new Facet Red Top kit for 350bhp. I was thinking - is it worth trying to strip the wires for the pump and cleaning it out - or is it past the point of no return, even as a spare?

I will be trying to fit a new pump and flush the fuel tank next bank holiday weekend and would invite any help and / or advice either in person in Saffron Walden, or over this site....

I have a sad picture of BB on the back of the flat bed to post once I connect my phone to the laptop....

:(  :(  :(  :(

I'll be back in essex (newport - so just down the road) probably a week tommorow with nothing much to do.

Chumley

It was an awesome sight to see you in my rear view mirror, bouncing around the Norfolk countryside  :D

Sorry to hear of your woes...and for not stopping to help  :blush:   Not that my mechanical knowledge (or lac of it) would have been of any use  :down:

Hope to see you back on the road soon...just watch out for the dead beasties in the middle of the road  :oops:

That was a good run!!!!!!

Finally got back to Cambridge at 2:30pm slightly sunburned with a big :D

Chumly, the pump is Donald Ducked, buy a new one.

You need to prefilter the pump, I could'nt believe the ammount of s**t that came out of it.

The last thing you want is the car to be un-reliable especially as you're going to Le Mans in it...............

Some of those back roads were a bit "fierce" I decked the top of the diff housing on the chassis, flattened out the front number plate and caught the sump!!!!!!!

I now "have" to get round to setting up the front end as the car prooved very "lively" (read frightening) on the bumpy roads.

I'd like to thank Liam for slowing down for me  :blush:  :blush:  :bangshead: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled into the clifftop car park at Hunstanton to look for the Bedford chaps but they had gone by the time we got there.

Neil and I had an interesting run back to Cambridge from Sunny Hunny including the usual Sunday drivers (30 in a 60 for 15 miles anybody) a box wagon with horses in it (20 in a 60 for 10 miles) and a nunney in Seat Cupra who seemed to have no fear of on-coming traffic............

When I got home I also found hedge hog guts cooking on the exhaust manifold.

Dead/dying animals in the road seem to be becoming a part of the Cambs runs.

Hope they don't get bigger than hedge hogs :p

Chaz

:down: ...and no we didn't find a car either!

Had a look at one in Dereham, which was 3 years old and allegedly done 64k... yeah, right, if thats done 64k I'm a china man. Would you expect a 3 year old 64k car to have:

1) No fins left on the radiator...

2) No paint left on the battery tray. Replaced by rust many '000s miles ago by the looks of it...

3) No black finish left on the gear knob. Worn down to the white plastic...

4) etc...

and thats on one that hadn't by ####ed about with by the Barry Boys...  :down:  :bangshead:

ps: for those that care swmbo is trying to buy a saxo vtr...

Chumly, the pump is Donald Ducked, buy a new one.

You need to prefilter the pump, I could'nt believe the ammount of s**t that came out of it.

The last thing you want is the car to be un-reliable especially as you're going to Le Mans in it...............

I'll try and order one today. As I remember the order of service this weekend will be:

1) Take old pump out.

2) Cut off split fuel inlet.

3) Drain fuel out of tank - tricky this not done it before.

4) Take out fuel tank and flush it (what with by the way?)

4a) Should I be looking at the fuel lines after the pump?

5) Refit fuel tank

6) Fit in-line fuel filter

7) Clean up all wiring and terminals to fuel pump

8) Fit new fuel pump and various gubbings in the "kit"

I am just wondering whether being thrown about on those b-roads was might have stirred up the tank as much as it did and that was the end of it all?

Mr Chumley Warner

Ahem....

1) Take old pump out.

As soon as you remove the pipe that feeds the pump from the tank, 3 will happen. Have a bucket or, preferably a jerry can, handy.......

Flush the tank with fresh petrol (another bucket/jerry can required).

If the pump has failed due to crud, then once the new pump is fitted (with a pre filter), remove the carb inlet pipe from as close to the carb as posible, and pump fuel through by turning on the ignition, and having the fuel run into the jerry can......again......

No smoking, OK.......

Noted Blatman!

Seperately, if those hospitality tickets for Le Mans are still forthcoming, I would be glad to match any offer the company were looking to give you for them! (Assuming I am going to be able to get there!;)

:p  :p  :p  :p