Weather Gear

pquinton

You are aware that the official Westfield stance is that there is no hood made to suit the RAC type roll bar! in case you had one of these in your budget.

However with a very slight modification this can be achieved and still have a very good fit.

I was avoiding posting the links GWatson, cos Westfield don't publicise them without you registering with them. Thought it was the only decent thing to do...

Andy

You are aware that the official Westfield stance is that there is no hood made to suit the RAC type roll bar! in case you had one of these in your budget.

However with a very slight modification this can be achieved and still have a very good fit.

I was not aware of this. Managed to find the hood in the pricelist (thanks for the links, guys). It must be in the printed one that I've got, can't see for looking.

Thanks.

Phil.

Anyone got any details of the mods required to make an hood fit an RAC bar , like pics or description? Is it just the material or the frame that needs modding too ?

I will have to tackle this issue in the near future!!!!

(The wife wants a hood... I'm not too fussed....  ;-)  )

Is is a DIY job or one for a vehicle upholsterer ??

Cheers..

Andy,

I can see where you're coming from, but personally I disagree with having to provide my details to download prices\information\software updates.............. etc which are freely available. People moan about junk mail, yet it is you who gives them the info in the first place.  You don't have to register to get prices over the phone so why should it be any different??

:devil:  :devil:   :D  :D

Well,

Westfield have chosen to make it that way. I'd hate to lose their goodwill to the club over issues like this.

Why not give them your name and address? If you're gonna order parts from them they'll get it anyway...

Andy

I would also point out that Westfields are not known for sending out junkmail.   They have all my details, but I've not been bombarded with any leaflets etc.

With regards the hood and RAC bar, AFAIK, the main mod required is to extend the tab by which the frame attaches to the car by about 1/2".   Not a problem at all.

I don't want to be an  :arse: so I'll easily remove it, if you like, doesn't bother me, not me getting junk mail. I am sure Westfield wouldn't flood you with emails anyway, but who know who they pass your info too. But you're right we don't want to create bad feelings with Westfield, it's just the whole principle of it.

G

The data protection act is also out there, acting on your behalf.   I'd be very surprised indeed if Westfields intended to pass on the mailing list to 3rd parties.   I think you will find it is mandatory that any such list requires them to ask you if you want to opt IN to any mailing of further literature anyway.

The fact that they choose to make it a pre-registered system does not infringe on your rights, so I'd not be too concerned about it.   As for them wanting to know who is out there, owning their products, is that such a bad thing?

I also doubt whether they'd be worried about the link appearing here, so I wouldn't worry about it staying G.

if it was "secret" information on that download page they probably would have done it in a different way. They could email you the PDFs, or make you have a account and "sign in" to see the page. I do not believe they will be too upset with a link here since all they do when you register is show you a page with link to the download page. You can even enter false info since you will get the link even if you enter the wrong e-mail adress...

Carl

With regards the hood and RAC bar, AFAIK, the main mod required is to extend the tab by which the frame attaches to the car by about 1/2".   Not a problem at all.

I was also told this, but was concerned that the hood itself would need be to short to reach the pressstud locations on the back panel.

I achieved mine by cutting the middle hoop out where the flat bar meets/welds to the tubular horizontal piece, the roll bar itself takes the place of this missing hoop and the hood / pressstuds fit in the usual way/place.

Glen

So just a slight mod to the mounting tabs (spacers or a bt of mig-ing no probs) and a cut and shut on one of the frame bars that would otherwise foul with the RAC bar.....

Certainly sounds  simple enough!!  I was worried about having to get the material extended,  but if its do-able without, so much the better!

Cheers,

waynem

The most crucial area to seal is inside the front of the rear arch, between the chassis and the body tub and round the ali plate designed to stop cr@p being thrown down the gap between chassis and body.

As an alternative to the cr@p stopping panels, I've been told that you can also use PUR foam. Doesn't sound too bad actually

So just a slight mod to the mounting tabs (spacers or a bt of mig-ing no probs) and a cut and shut on one of the frame bars that would otherwise foul with the RAC bar.....

Either one or the other of these methods should do the job, they are two seperate methods and therefore you only have to choose one.

However my concern with raising the bracket/frame up was if the hood material needed lengthening at the back, the RAC bar sits almost exactly where the middle hoop woul have on a non-RAC bar, hence my option to remove this hoop, knowing that the hood was then an easy / perfect fit.

Glen

Glen