Trackday

Richard

I'm considering going to Anglesey on one of the advertised BookaTrack events.

Would just like to ask you guys that have been - 'is it worth the drive?'

I will have to travel 170 miles to get there which will mean at the latest, a 5.00 a.m start. :(

Anyone know any cheap (secure) accomodation which will allow parking for both car and trailer?    

Cheers :D

Richard

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• markboyce

• westy

• Richard

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, Ty Croes is one of the great tracks to take a 7 on...and the locals are very friendly (well, I have to say that :)).

Andy

170 miles! Pah, try 330 or so and 6-7 hour journeys each way! :p

We all still go back at least once a year though, and its well worth it.

Its not a track to suit large cars but in a Caterfield its great, easy to learn where it goes but very demanding and tricky to perfect.

I can't remember the name of the place we stayed at last time but we got it from this website which has loads of accomodation on it.

Chris

Bookatrack mention these two places on their pages:

Nant-Yr-Odyn Hotel

Turnpike Nant

Nr Llangefni

Anglesey

LL777YE

Tel: 01248 723354

Anglesey Arms Hotel

Mona Road

Menai Bridge

LL59 5EA

Tel: 01248 712305

Menai bridge is about 10 miles from the circuit, Llangefni about 5 or so at a guess. There's a garage next door to the Anglesey Arms (the Welsh Wizard knows the owner of the garage if that's any help! ).

Andy

:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Oh yes !

:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Book it and you will not regret it !

You can always sleep in your car !!

I think there's a Travelodge or something like that just down the road which might be useful.

Best bet is to ask on the BookaTrack web-site  :t-up:

Travel Lodge and Travel Inn are both the other side of the bridge, just off the A55.

Andy

Worth the drive...... It doesnt get much better, ive been 18 plus times and still keep going back for more   :D

Only slight downisde is the time it takes to get there...  From my place ive managed to trailer the westy to Spa quicker than I can get to Anglesey   :bangshead:  Still doenst stop me from going however..   In the westy the A5 puts a smile back on your face

What bat event you thinking of going on?

Accomodation.....

Anglesey Arms is nice with a locked car park after midnight.

Plenty of B&B's around very clsoe to the circuit with great accomodation.

Anglesey Farms has some great places from 18 quid a night.  Big breakfasts, good standard of accomodation and friendly owners.  Most of htem are in the middle of nowhere so you wont have to worry about your car.

cheers

mark

What bat event you thinking of going on?

Anyone doing the one just before the SS event in September?

I recognised a few names on the list there, anyone else considering it?

Should I book now, or wait a bit...I'd have to arrange a trailer to go up there.

Andy

Anyone doing the one just before the SS event in September?

Its always a busy event because of the 2 day competition at the weekend....

My advice would be to book early

It has a good amount of different corners types to help learn how to drive your car properly along with excellent run off apart from two areas of the track (hair pin and coming on the main straight).  Cant recommend it enough.

6 hours+ for me to get there so no complaining of a 170 mile journey either :p  ;)

Happily travelled 300 miles for a weekend there. Scenery is amazing :sheep: The track is fantastic for a small light car which means less pulling out of the way for turbo-nutter barges on the straights.

Takes a lot of guts to keep the speed up thro' school and lots of sideways fun in other places. Feels more relaxed than some other tracks and not overly harsh on noise limits. Some great little B&Bs nearby. Bookatrack guys are really helpful.

Big tip is to bring a large gerry can if you run super unleaded as it's almost an hour round trip to the nearest station selling it ??? normal unleaded a few miles away.

Can't wait to go back!

One question on this topic, at what point do I stop being a 'novice' and become 'intermediate'?

Answers on a postcard...

Andy

Hmm...

Ok then, anyone who's seen me on an airfield day, could you offer an opinion as to whether I 'drive like a girl'? :D

Andy