Vehicle prep for track day

McSpreader

Hi there,

I am looking to do my first track day at Mallory Park in July - so I need to ensure that the car is in order for the event (and me!;).

1. I have bought a helmet, but it does not have a kite mark.  I does have a label stitched to the insude which shows what I guess is the European Approval No "E13".  Is this still OK?

2. Do I require an oil catch tank?  The info I have regarding the track day say yes, but depending upon engine spec.  What difference does this make?  I have a 2L Zetec.  I have found room for an old 1L oil tub which I was planning to use - but it will be a little of a botch job - will this be looked upon poorly?

3. For the day, is it normal to get the car prepared (taped lights, removed wheel) prior to turning up - or is time and space permitted to do all this?  Can extra fuel be brought in a jerry can - or it is easier/best to fill up at petrol station on track (if needed).

Phew.... Hopefully that is all - though if you think of any other points that I have missed then please feel free to add.

Cheers guys.

Simon :durr:

sounds like you got it all covered

catch tank will be ok just make sure its secure.

there time to remove your spare  when you arrive and tape up your lights

worth taking some tools and a spare fan belt and oil just in case.

before you go give your car the once over checking that every thing is tight.

best to take a jerry can if you got one .but you can get petrol ,may be dearer.

hope to see your there. :suspect:

regards pete

Petrol is available at the circuit - but it costs a fortune - take at least one 20 litre jerry can and ensure you have a full tank of fuel  ;)

Theres Petrol staion just down the road on the A447. I used to fill up there on the way to Mallory and then pop down and fill up again at Lunchtime if I thought I needed it.

Dont forgot the driver too !! He'll need food, and plenty of water !! In this weather you'll need suncream. Sorry, to bring the post down to this level - but I've just come back from a track day where I forgot all of those things !!

The Cafe at Mallory is very good - plenty of foodage available  :D  :D

Thanks guys.  Seems like a good idea to take a bunch of spares (belt, water, oil).  Is there any problem with taking a tin-top also to carry all these?!

Si

Is there any problem with taking a tin-top also to carry all these?!

Nope, no problem, its what a lot of folks do and take the whole family along with them  :D  :D  ;)