Blatman Goes For K Series

DickieB

Has Blatman given up on his old (heavy) faithful Cosworth, and gone for a modern reliable (quiet) Rover K Series? Do the photos beneath speak for themselves?

1352.jpeg

1353.jpeg

And he's smiling!

Ahem...but wasn't it you that took it for a test drive? :D

Andy

Indeed rumour has it that he (Blatman) struggled to cope with the power and spun on his first lap with it..................

:0

Please tell me I didn't leave too early to miss that...

What a photo opportunity! :D

Andy

car  looks good !  ???  don't know about the camp looking bloke sat in the car though  :suspect:

..er someone mention Cosworth looking for a home ?

Told Blatters some time ago that according to all recorded Speed Series data a Pinto was quicker than a Cosworth - so maybe a straight swap would be OK Mark ?

Another 50 bhp in the black car.... mmmmmmmmmmm that would really put the wind up Del Boy and Watbox !

No sorry, can't leave it at that.......

Indeed rumour has it that he (Blatman) struggled to cope with the power and spun on his first lap with it..................

Power was OK...... I just can't reach the steering wheel properly. Magnum must have arms like an orang utan.........

And yes, I spun it on the first lap  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Well, no point in not thrashing some-one elses car.....  :0  :0

Er, sorry Rich. And thanks :t-up:

Told Blatters some time ago that according to all recorded Speed Series data a Pinto was quicker than a Cosworth - so maybe a straight swap would be OK?

No, it bl**** wouldn't. I'll get ya, eventually......

And yes, I spun it on the first lap  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Well, no point in not thrashing some-one elses car.....  :0  :0

Amateur. Even with a stuck throttle I didn't spin.

Made a mess of the seat though :D

Andy

Made a mess of the seat though

In which case, I think that marks you as the amateur...  :p

Unless I was joking of course. :)

It's a little bizarre, but I've always planned what I would do if it happened, and I did exactly what I planned, so it all worked out well.

I guess it could have been different if it happened as I was applying power out of a corner though... :0

Andy

You must've missed Mark Minshull at Curborough last year. 110mph across the finish line, then finds out the throttle is stuck wide open. Brown trousers all round, even for those of us watching....

Now that does sound scary...

Good job I know where the ignition key is :)

Andy