Megabusa Sept 2002

peterrosey

CAR NOW REDUCED TO £16,000

The patter of tiny feet in July means that my Megabusa has to go up for sale (hopefully to be replaced by a Cerbera...). Anyway spec is as follows:

Westfield Megabusa Yellow (with black vinyl stripes that can easily be removed)

- Registered Sept 2002 (on 52-reg with 'WFD' letters)

- Built by me from a complete all-new kit from Westfield (less engine and wheels)

- engine is a 2000 Hayabusa from a non-crashed bike that had covered 4,000 miles when I bought it (have bike log book and service history, plus owner's manual)

- mileage on car is now 2,700miles

- Rest of car is as usual Westie spec apart from the items listed below. ie 180bhp 0-60 in around 3.5 secs top speed of around 130bhp (depends on tyres used)

Factory (Westfield bought) options:

RAC-spec roll bar

Dry sump

Limited slip diff

Three inch black Willans race harnesses

Fully trimmed Black vinyl Westfield race seats

Detachable arches

Aeroscreen

Locking bonnet catches

Alloy solid-mounted steering rack

Post SVA additions:

Racetech black suede steering wheel

Racetech removable steering wheel boss

Barnett heavy-duty race clutch with Powertec heavy-duty springs

Mocal blue-anodised alloy catch tank

Geartronics gear-indicator with switch to disable factory-set speed-limiter on the bike

Stack rev-counter with shift lights and various other cool functions (can do lap-timing, corner speeds and speedo reading with additional sensors).

FIA battery cut-out switch

Thatcham cat 2 Oxford bike immobiliser (fully resin-potted so water-proof)

Key-less start using immobiliser key - aircraft-style flip-up ignition switch and push-button start.

Two-piece prop conversion by Kit Car Workshop with transit centre bearing, all-new props and purpose-made electric reverse system. This works really well and is an entirely bolt-on system with no chassis mods (removes the standard car's Achilles Heel and much less clonky and lighter than the dire stock set-up)

Wheels and tyres:

Black powder-coated Ford RS four spokes shod wit 185/60-13 Yoko 032S front and 032S 205/60-13 rear (tyres bought new and are as new)

I have every receipt for the car and the engine has been serviced very regularly with the correct Superbike semi-synthetic oil (fully synthetic can cause clutch slip)

Also have various other spare 13-inch alloys (inc Michelin slicks and some Dymag lookalikes) plus a decent solid car trailer - these may be included depending on price.

The car is completely sorted, handles really well and has done two track days (one Donington in the wet, one at Cadwell in the dry). It's hard work in the wet (fourth gear wheelspin with two people in it!;) and the most fun you can possibly have on track in the dry. Cadwell on slicks was fantastic...

However, as my wife is due to sprog in July it has to go for something 2+2 that will carry a baby (hopefully a Cerbera).

I'm open to offers for this (not daft ones!;). I'm based in Nottingham (0115 9141911) but mobile is best to get hold of me - 07866 634086.

BTW It's dead cheap to tax and insure - I'm 32 and pay £350 fully comp with track day cover at Competition Car Insurance and £110 for tax (recently renewed until March 2005 or thereabouts).

Will post pics after weekend.

1261.jpeg

1263.jpeg

1262.jpeg

1259.jpeg

1260.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.