• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

All new

Chris SGT

Hi Guys, Just started looking for my first westfield. If i buy one with flared arches are cycle wings easy to fit? I currently drive a prodrive subaru Impreza (up for sale if any fancys it). Any advice on what to look for would be nice. And also what sort of performance should i expect from a 1.7 crossflow?

Thankyou.

1700 xflow loads of grunt, loads of noise and bhp of 110 to 170 is possible I believe. Although 130 - 147 is more the norm. I love mine :love:

As for the swept wings to cycle wings, I looked into this and it is possible although quite costly.

The wings and brackets are available but the removal will leave 10 holes down each side of the car :(

Depends on how fussy you are but to fix and respray I was quoted about £800 from my brother in law who runs a bodyshop for a main dealer.

It all comes down to budget in the end. How much have you got to spend and where abouts are you?

It seems there is always someone around via this site to offer you a ride out. :cool:

Oh yeah, before anyone else beats me to it,

Have you joined the club yet? :oops:

It will be the best £25 nicker you will ever spend. :blues:

:durr: Thanks mate. Thats helped alot. Guess i will find one with cycle arches already. I havent joined the club yet but i will as soon as i get one. I will certainly be along to all the meets cant wait to get one. Althou my Impreza is great fun to drive i sell them for a living i just want something different.

Chris

I havent joined the club yet but i will as soon as i get one.

NO!!!!! Wrong way around.  The best source of decent Westfields is from existing club members, and despite this excellent site, most are still offered through the club magazine!  Plus you get details of all the local meets where you can find loads of helpful people.  You'll probably find someone willing to go with you when you go to look at prospective purchases.  

If you're set on buying a Westfield, which you seem to be, then don't delay, join today!

Dickie

1700 xflow loads of grunt, loads of noise and bhp of 110 to 170 is possible I believe. Although 130 - 147 is more the norm. I love mine :love:

You can go further but it does cost.

Mine is currently running at 200bhp and a similar engine in a different car is running at 202bhp.

Have you checked out the cars for sale section

:blush:  :love:

Happy hunting