Zetec starts, runs under 1k then stops

gregh

Halfords battey charger purchased and doing it's stuff, fingers crossed that's all it is as it's another cracking day in Leeds, hope the Ollie mount boys have got similiar weather!

greg

How do I check the acid level? Do you just mean the fluid level?

I do mean the fluid level.

Best way is to remove the battery and check it visually on the bench.

From your description of the difficulty of attaching jump leads I suspect that your battery is mounted in the near side of the nose cone. If this is so then remove the negative terminal connection first ( allways this way round! ), then remove the positive terminal. Remove the base clamp and slide the battery out of the  tray and lower it gently to the floor. Depending on your ride height ( mine is relatively low ) you can either slide the battery out from under the car or jack the front up first then slide it out.

After checking/topping up, re-install remembering to attach and tighten the positive terminal first.

it's a sealed battery, but after a morning on the charger, she started first time! Lunch then a blat is called for :D

cheers for all the help!

A little tip for future reference........

battery is so close to chassis that jump start is very hard to do... gotta move battery and last time I tried I couldn't get the jump leads on.......

Attach the pos jump lead clip to the starter, at the same terminal as the pos battery cable. That's how I charge/jump mine..........

funnily enough the Halfords charger clip will fit when my bigger jump leads don't, so I have a long term solution now :D