Digital Video

Turbo Tommo

I have a ricoh RDC 7 Digital camera that will take up to 30 sec of video in the 8Mb internal memory. If I buy a smart media card that will increase the capacity.

I want to save the video images on my computer, but the software supplied will only download the stills. Can anyone help.

Does anyone know the best (cheapest) place to buy a smart media card, and what is the largest capacity I can buy?

John

Loads of places to get cheap cards.  Try 7dayshop.com, or look in the back of mags like what digital camera.  I found a really cheap one last night as I am looking for some compactflash cards, but I can't remember what it was.  Cheapest card is not always the best.  Might get corrupted more quickly.  Depends how much you are going to use it and how big a card you want.  I was looking at 256mb cards, so was going to get a make I had heard was good in the hope it will be more reliable (Lexar).

7dayshop only go up to 128mb on a smartmedia, but I'm sure you can get bigger than that.  Compactflash go up to 1gb now.

Don't know how to sort your Pc out though.  I hate the bl**** things.

only go up to 128mb on a smartmedia
i think that is max fr the smart media!

128mb samsung smart media is 21 quid from e-buyer

movies are in the form of motion jpegs....so its still classed as an image i would imagine.

maybe look for updated software for the camera

Another option is to get a SmartMedia reader. Mine plugs into a USB port, you just take the card out of the camera and put it in the reader, and the 'card' looks like another disk.

Mine was about 30 quid I think.

Andy

Got my 128Mb compact flash card from here...

Excellent service, and keen prices. For those with corrupted CF cards, try  these people...

Oh yeah, the size of the memory card may not necessarilly make any difference to the length of the video capture. My Nikon Coolpix 775 stills camera takes video in 30sec lumps, no matter how big the memory is.......