Whay hay....  :-)

Enterpryse

Just got back from Shrewsbury in the pouring rain but with SVA pass cert in my hand   Yaaa Haaa :D  :D  :D  :D

Tester was a top bloke and allowed me time to sort out 4-5 niggles and one major problem. Can't speak highly enuff of him

Now the hard one    --   MOT  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Stuart

Thanks for all the congrats folks, I'm dead chuffed.  It was like doing a 7 hr exam that I've been studying for for 10 months.

Set off a 0500, got home at about 1730.  

Had to relocate the speed sensor to get the speedo to stay steady (one for other SDV lads to note) and secure part of the harness to the chassis, adjust the lights a bit

and thats about it, took bl**** ages though.

I wonder when Mr Stanton will be round for his pound of flesh, it must be about that time   ;-)   -  especially now!  :devil:

Cheers  

Stuart  

:D:D:D:D

well done old boy, i've got mine to be inspected tomorrow by DVLA for the reg plate, passed SVA second time last week at Chelmsford, had Westfield problems, with steering boss, indicators being too far in and headlights as well, seatbelt bolts, oh and the speedo had a head fit, all fixed now and sitting in the garage waiting to be used now.

shame i wont get the plate in time for Stoneleigh!!, hope the weather holds out tomorrow as i've got no roof :D  :D  :t-up:

Best pay up your subs Stuart!!!!

Deano,

the speedo thing was to do with the placement of the sensor.

I tried to use the rear UJ but there seemed to be too much metal flying around for decent pulses so I moved the sensor forward and fixed a nut to the prop so I could get at least 1 good single pulse per revolution.  It will have to be moved again to complete the build but this fixed the problem for SVA.

(as you may know the sensor can't fit in the usual place as per the build manual as the half shafts from the Sierra don't have all the nut heads at the diff end).

.....still no Mr Stanton  LOL  ?????

Stuart, i positioned mine on the lower cross beam infront of the diff and took a pulse reading off the 4 diff bolts rather than off the universial joint, hope that helps, got a bit wet this morning getting into work in the westfield, oops, i said a naughty word! it was fun tho, still got a grin on my face :D  ;)  :t-up:

Well done Stuart!

My build has slowed to a crawl since the little one arrived, still the pilgrimage to Stonleigh should boost my motivation. Nice wheels too, what did you go for in the end? I can't make them out from your avatar.

Stevo