How to be a racing driver

david.c

Hi guys

Who watched it?

Good bits

VBH :love: Clips of whats to come :cool: the bloke crying who got kicked out after blagging a 2nd bash at the fitness test.....and still failing it :devil:

Bad bits

A few too many pop idol rejects :sheep: and too many 2 second clips of the racing :arse: and too much chat :zzz:

Hopefully that bias will shift over the coming weeks.

Was also surprised not to see Phil (the complete  :arse:  from 'Faking It';) having another bash at learning to drive. :devil:  :D

Cheers

David

Faking It Phil needs to go back to BSM.

From my personal experience of racing, we're all far fitter than any of those woosses shown. I mean really, we didn't see them lift a Stella all program.

If only I'd started karting at 8 yrs old like Jenson.......

If only I'd started karting at 8 yrs old like Jenson.......

What,       and end up surrounded by beautiful young women, and have more money than things to spend it on. ;)

David

Did I get my Piccy in????

I was standing behind VBH when she was speaking at the fitness stage. (and I thought Kylie was short)

Phil

Phil

How far did you get?

Did you see the girly crying, cause he failed the fitness test twice :devil:

Couldn't believe the age span...................some of them looked old enough to be Mansell's dad  :D  :0  ;)

David

not past the fitness stage I'm afraid they were after bodybuilders and then teaching them to drive cars (I see another faking it driver winning).

I got speaking to the normal driver of the f1 car (it's a tyrell 012) Cosworth DFV engine. he was about 55. so I think it's a whole grid full of Nigel Mansells.

Interestingly a couple of weeks ago there was a tyrell 012 drive avalible in the back of autosport so perhaps they didn't find anybody who was good enough

Phil

I watched this programme last night.  What bunch of tat.

What is the point of putting everyone through a gruelling fitness test first? I'm sure it would have made sense to stick people in the kart first and see if they are quick?

The 'F1' driver is Martin Stretton, and his Tyrrell 6-wheeler is a most glorious beasite. I believe there is a second one set to hit the track this year.

And since when do F1 pit stops take 3 seconds?  Sounds like Ferrari and McLaren et al should get some lessons from C5 in how to do pit stops, they clearly know better.... having said that, it's not like the prize is quite what they are hyping it up to be (not that it's a bad prize at all, but you know what I mean).

Mumble grumble...

Moomin

And since when do F1 pit stops take 3 seconds?  

If they only put in enough fuel to get the car to the end of the pit lane.............possibly :D  :D

David

>> What is the point of putting everyone through a gruelling fitness test first

cos if they ain't fit they ain't going to be doing more than 1 lap in an F1 car!

Thought the 'plump'  guy who failed the fitness test and blagged a 2nd go, and surprise, surprise hadn't got any fitter overnight was a completer tw*t. "I had a bad crash in my porsche when I was 25 but know I can be a F1 driver"

:durr:

so what does the winner get? A test of a modern F1 car, a few laps of an older one or what???

greg

>If they only put in enough fuel to get the car to the end of the pit lane...

haha, yeah. though I think they might just about be able to

put the nozzle on and off again in three seconds... maybe.  no way can they change the tyres in three - five or six is about the limit I reckon.

>cos if they ain't fit they ain't going to be doing more than 1 lap in an F1 car!

true, I agree you would need to be pretty fit, but Mr Stretton (aged 55) seems to do ok, and he didn't look exactly Mr Universe.  I doubt anyone there had the neck muscles for the job, and anyone who did probably wouldn't fit in the car anyway!

ah well...

>so what does the winner get? A test of a modern F1 car, a few laps of an older one or what???

a single race in the thoroughbred GP series, as far as I know.

Moom.

Edited to correct idle spelling.

What a load of crap.Non of them can drive. I bet the winner doesnt make it past the first corner in the race.

But at least they will be fit enough to run back to the pits :devil:

I thought the program was a bit more interesting last night :D as I would rather see people driving than jumping over a bench :p

David