MOT window sticker

mogwi

Got a brand spanking new MOT certificate today :D

Also got a sticker for the windscreen. Apparently since March 1st, a car has to display the sticker on the rhs of the screen.  Has anyone else been told this?  I trust the garage I go to, so I don't think he's pulling my wotsit and the sticker's got the 3 triangles and date of the next test.

have MOT'd three cars since march, havent been told this ???

although i did get told an interesting one though....dont know when it starts but if you get pulled by plod and they find a defect with your car, even a bulb out, they can send you for an MOT even if its a brand new car :devil:  :arse:  :sheep:

....dont know when it starts but if you get pulled by plod and they find a defect with your car, even a bulb out, they can send you for an MOT even if its a brand new car

is this different to the 14 day wonder i have had a few times where you have to take your car to an MOT center to prove you have rectified the fault.  you then take the paper work back to the local cop shop.

I have had two MOTs on two different cars at different garages in the past month, both have given me a blue sticker with a retest date, but no one mentioned sticking it in the windscreen.

just rembered one of my *better* 14 day wanders.

drivng out of edingburgh on my way to london in an mg midget.  the exhaust was a straight back job rather than the usual round behind the silencer.  crested a hll and left the silencer on the top of the hill  :(

strapped it on to the boot rack and carried on my way.  got done near doncaster for being too loud.  :)

if they could hear me now :D

yes its different to a 14 day notice, your car has to undergo and pass a full MOT, not just have the defect rectified.

i was going to put a little face here but they dont have a greased down black haired bloke with a side parting and small strange black moustache :devil:

Got the same sticker after my Westy MoT last Thursday. They didn't tell me what to do with it so I threw it away, cos I'm dead hard.

yes its different to a 14 day notice, your car has to undergo and pass a full MOT,

Another £40 I guess, god dam it if any one votes Tony Blair, I am coming round and slapping you.

We need to fight back, the road is your race track, remember

yes its different to a 14 day notice, your car has to undergo and pass a full MOT, not just have the defect rectified.

FSCK!!! :(  :(

i run old bangers as daily transport.  i buy them with an mot, thrash em and when they break/fail the next mot scrap em.

this could seriously shorten theyre expected life span.

(current banger - el cid the sierra.  cost 75 quid.  been going for nearly 6months now. if i get one of these re-test things im screwed. - better fix the rear brake light........)

Got an MOT a couple of weeks ago and the garage put the sticker in for me -though he did explain it.

It is to aid the Police so they can check Tax and MOT status of parked cars. Though it is not a legal requirement and the garage should ask your permission before putting the sticker in. So you just take it out when it expires, or keep the old one in just to waste plod's time.

Sounds like another law which wasn't really thought through.

If your car has a windscreen the MOT station should issue a sticker.  However it is not mandatory (yet) for the vehicle to be displaying the sticker......mine went in the bin...