Video camera clamp

samcooke

I've got a Canon MV600i palm sized digi-video cam and I want to record some lairy Ghostrider style death cheating road racing footage.

Anyone know what sort of clamp I can use to secure it to the rollbar and where to get one from? and also where to buy a bullet-type cam that plugs into my AV in socket.

Merci.

:t-up: Done that.

It was specifically something for my camera, or something the same size, I wanted a bit of reassurance on, don't want it bouncing down the road.

I bought one from Adrian Clinton Watkins two years ago - Very Very Very Very Good - Used it all the way down to Le Mans and back. Have seen others but none as good as this one - See Mr. ACW for details.

:cool:

Forgot to mention - The only thing i would say is that unless you have a muffler  :D u get a lt of wind noise - i used some left over foam and stuck it onto microphone - also a good idea to buy a protective lens for the cam - stops all the dead flys and stone chips !!  :cool:

I've got a Manfrotto Super Clamp (#35) & Manfrotto Stud (#37) then a Ball & Socket joint from Jessops all in it cost £40 & there isn't any shifting that baby! :)

Definitely get yourself a UV Filter lense (transparent) to protect the proper lense, about £6-£7 depending on size.

As for the microphone if you've got £40 spare I would suggest an Audio Technica mic & putting it in the footwell.  Otherwise there is NO way of combating the wind against your mic diaphragm not even gaffa tape stops that ;)

Cheers

Mike dB

Sound Engineer :p

Sam

if your camera has av in you can get a bullet cam (£88)off the net from a place in n.ireland.the quality is spot on ,no vibration at all and a crystal clear picture.I bought one and had it on my roll bar for three slappers,very happy..  

the cam has a 2 metre lead so you can have the main camera in the footwell out of harms way.The microphone is seperate and lets you place it out of the wind (inside cockpit near exhaust for ahem..  good sound )

see here for cameras

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

no connection just a happy bunny

cheers

barney