Notts/Derbs

cyclonebrian

Hi guys,

Having dropped out of here sometime ago, and only now taking a casual look, can anyone tell me has the North derby/notts meet ceased existance? has everyone lost interest? or have I just lost contact?

Best of everything to everyone.

B.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Major Stare

• Rob Navin

• westyfield

• JonnyBoy

Brian

Nice to see you back mate. :D

In the last WW Gary printed Andrew dates for the Peacock meetings as the following Thursdays

April the 15th

May the 13th

June the 17th

July the 15th

August the 12th

Sept the 16th.

I missed the first one as I had not read the mag by then but I aim to be at the next one, possibly with my car :D

The Derby meetings were changing back to the summer evning meets at the end of March acording to Garys article, but they are looking at changing venues reading it in detail.  I'm sure somone from down there will let you know.

HTH

Rob

From Andrew..

Instead of nattering in the "cold" at the Peacock  we will try a series of "blats" out this summer on a Thursday evening each month during the summer...starting from the Peacock at Oakerthorpe.

We will set off at 6.30/6.45pm and head off to a different pub/cafe/interesting place, taking in the best roads to get there.

Dates: Thursday's, , May 13th, June 17, July15th,

August 12th and Sept. 16th

I can lead the first blat and maybe head up to Monsal Head for a pie and a pint while looking out over the amazing Wye Valley and Monsal Head viaduct towards Putwell Hill.(is this not the best view point in the whole country?)

Anyone else who would like to lead a run would be welcome but as a suggestion for other runs we could do the A537 "Cat & Fiddle", Derwent Dams, Ca**ington Water or even stay at the pub for a natter!

Comments...

Hi Andrew

If its going to be blats round I will have to give them a miss.

Would it be possible to have one or two meets at the Peacock as well ?

Rob

hiya guys

Im just new to Derbyshire with my westi - well loughborough, i havent been to any of the meets but May 13th sounds great as a time to come along. Just wondering where about 'Oakerthorpe' is as Multimap as failed me.

Any know if there is a convoy heading to Stoneleigh?

Anna

I cant do the Monthly "blats" as i dont finish work till 6pm and then i need to get home, changed and upto the Peacock........so i'd miss you all. :(  :arse:

Rob cant do the blats as his car is not for road use  :down:

Rob......maybe just you and me stay at the Peacock and have a beer, watch the bar staff, swat the wasps and talk X-Flow's :cool:

Rob......maybe just you and me stay at the Peacock and have a beer, watch the bar staff, swat the wasps and talk X-Flow's :cool:

Sounds like a plan to me mate  :D

Ahhhh  the bar maids, how did I forget them over the winter  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Looks like I will go back to drinking J20 or anything else on the bottom shelf of the fridges  :devil:

Andrew

Is it worth having the meeting on the 13th at the pub and having a look at what we do from then on ?

Martin, if you think we are bad now wait till you meet is in real life

One of us IS ACTUALLY a fish :D

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps,  Meeting this Thursday, May 13th

......no problem, maybe a good idea to stay put in the carpark this first meet and catch up and see how it goes. I'll be there from about 6.30pm.  If loads of you turn in for a blat out later on then thats what we can do.

If you are spooked by every other car you see on the way blaring it's fog lights at you, don't worry. Thursdays in Oakerthorpe is THE night for all the local Novanut's, XRGTi's and bikers to "hang out" ,mainly at the next pub along.. The Anchor, so you will find the road side is coned off for about a mile through the village, there should be room in our usual spot at the Peacock though. Stangely, the pub in the middle.. The Butchers Arms, stays almost deserted.. funny that.

Let me know what you think......

Andyrew

Andrew

I will see you there mate :D:D:D

Come on guys, who else is up for it :D:D