Best 1/4 mile time?

RS WST

dont know never timed it, to 60 is very quick sub 4 secs

Ran an 11.8 a couple of weeks ago on a very damp slippy day with road legal tyres. Cateringvan went into the wall.

250 bhp roadgoing superchaged Busa.

Hopefully get to test the nitrous next week. Can't Wait!!!

Steve

13.8 at about 101 mph (can't remember the exact speed).

Dry track, but still slippery at 1/3 distance :( and using normal road tyres.  185bhp / 535kg SEiW with 1.6 Vauxhall 16v.

Reckon there's more time to be found (from the driver more than the car I suspect :D  ).

12.9 @ 116 mph slight tail wind on ACB10 hardish compound low grip airfield Zetec 210bhp ;)

4.232 secs (151 knots) Boeing 767 Leeds Bradford Airport runway 32 :p:p

Buzz :cool:

Last year Richard driving 164 BHP Vauxhall 1.6 16v

road tyres (so2)

Reaction time 1.287 (terrible!;)

60ft 2.215

1/4 14.81

1/4 89.2mph

take the terrible reaaction time of that and it's pretty good

take the terrible reaaction time of that and it's pretty good

I've always wondered is the reaction time is included in the overall time. As it is just the time taken for you to move after the lights have changed, it shouldn't really be factored into your actual 1/4 mile time. In a competition drag then things may be different, but for our purposes it's not needed.

I'd love for it to be true though, because then I get a time of 12.4 :D

My best so far is 13.50 and I rather stupidly changed from 4th to 5th as I approached the line so that took 1/10th or two off. Should be able to get sub 13.50 at the next RWYB.

Piccies here ->

Run 1

Run 2

Run 3

Reaction time *isn't* included in pure elapsed time drag races.

Once the cars are staged, the front wheel is on the start line and the clock starts running when the wheel clears the second beam of light.  It stops the clock when it passes through the beam 1/4 of a mile later.

In conventional drag races the "christmas tree" starts the race and the first car across the line wins, which is why a car can run a quicker elapsed time but lose because the other driver reacted quicker and beat them over the line.  That's refered to as a hole-shot.

There are various "tactics" that you see from time to time like deep-staging (deliberately breaking the second beam) which puts you closer to the finishing line but increases the risk of red-lighting.