• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

value

wrightster

Still looking for a tin top, i am going to look at a R 1998 astra mk3 gsi 53k 2 ownwers FVSH , it looks like a mint car from the pics the guy wants around 5K for it (which i know is quite a lot for a mk3 but i do like em !!;) parkers price guide reckons about 5k in A1 condition, glasses guide (on auto express site) reckons about 2750.00 !! i dont want to be diddled  :durr: but i do like a car with a bit of style ( i know you may disagree that a mk3 astra has style but i think they look a lot better than the mk4s having seen/driven a few sri versions lately)

anyway whats your opinion of prices for this car (roughly)

thanks again - i know i have gone on about this for a bit but i do value the opinions of people on this site  :D

Values on Max Power favourites like the GSi are much harder to pin down than on decent  ;)  cars, due to the oddball demand.

If it's a 1.8 - don't pay anything like that but the 2.0 ones have strangely strong values and £4-5k seems normal.

In all seriousness though...

DON'T BUY ONE

Get a GTi-6 - similar age, similar mileage for under £4k and fifty times the car.

SEOT.

£5k for an R plate Astra is a bit high in my opinion, even if it's the top of the range.

I'd suggest value at £4k, try to get somewhere in between if you really want one.

I had a '98 Rover 200Vi a few years ago and that (apart from being a bit small) was highly entertaining. It was also remarkably fast - do a bit of research, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Minghis.