Water Temp Sensor?

darthurs

I am confused about this myself but Westfield told me that the sensor is screwed into a black solid piece (that I have found) and a blank is screwed into the Westfield supplied standard rad.

You are referring to the temp switch for the radiator fan.

This I have sorted, the sensor for this screws into the water tube before the top hose inlet to the radiator.

The one I am referring to is (I assume) the sensor for the water temp gauge.

Cheers

Dan

That sounds about right (looking at where the wire off the loom for it is).

I will have a look for it and see what I can find.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Dan

It IS just behind the distributor on the nearside of the block close to the front. :)

It screws in just above the dissy on the left hand side of the engine, the simple way i found was to fill the cooling system with water and you'll soon find out where it goes, thats assuming the rest of its plumbed in.  I think that the wire for water temp sensor is a green/black one (next to the black/white one for your points) you'll have to trim back the spade connector so it can slide over the sensor.

HTH

Karl

you'll have to trim back the spade connector so it can slide over the sensor.

Or fit the proper connector...... I robbed one off a Pinto Sierra in the breakers yard, and spliced it in........