Starter Motor Wiring?

darthurs

I have started on the electrics at last and have come across a small problem.

I started to wire up the starter motor and then got slightly confused. I have the main feed from the battery going directly to one connection on the starter and then the two sets of brown wires going to the same connection. Then there is the red/white wire which comes from the ignition switch... does this also go on the same connection?

Pictures would be useful, if not some explanation should sort out any problems.

Thanks

Dan

The white/red cable (mine had a circular connector on the end) goes to the spade terminal on the starter. You are correct about the other wires

Cheers "Stevo"

I will give this a go. Thinking about it, it doesn't make sense for it to go on the same connection as the others. I take it I need to replace the "circular connector" to a spade type then?

Cheers

Dan

Yes change the connector, unless your starter has a screw on one. Also, one of the connectors on the thick brown wires fell off my loom when I turned the engine over so double check that your connectors are on tight to save youself doing it when all the wires are clipped in place.

spot on stevo I was stumped on this during my build, my starter had a screw connection and a spade, because the loom had a eye connection i connected it to the screw one and suprize it didn't work, changed it to a spade one and sorted! :t-up:

Karl