looking for 1st wsetfield

simon caton

looking for my first westfield and may have found one i like the sound of.

However have 2 questions;

the car has a RAC rollover bar but no roof. Can you get a roof to fit over this type of roll over bar? - i may not be as waterproof as i hope.

The car is a SE Wide running a zetec engine on throttle bodies but without the live rear axle.What's the difference in handling and ride between this version and that with a live axle.

My main use would be on the road.

any info would be very helpful

Simon

RAC bar = good thing TM :)

the standard roof wont fit over it, but you can get one made that will, tho you will never use it.  its more comfy to drive a westie in the rain with the roof down than up.

By not having the live rear axle i presume you mean it has an independant rear ??? this is also generally considered a good thing TM and is probably better suited to the road than a live axle.

hth

OiOi

Agree with what Oioi says.  :)

You ask

What’s the difference in handling and ride between this version and that with a live axle.

Typically the Independent rear cars are considered more comfortable, where as the live axle has a tendency to be more easily affected by bumps and lateral deflections.

Having said all that, driven on a road at road speeds, the differences are small, both are fine handling. However the live axle car will dictate that you take more stops for a p***, as you thump your bladder around.........Joking :D  :D  :D

Nowt wrong with a live axle.

You will probhably not notice the difference if you were not told what type of car (SE or SEi) you were driving.

Chaz.

I wanted a Westy with a roof when i was looking 4 months ago.

Bought one with an RAC bar and side doors BUT no roof....as recommended by the majority here.

The doors are only ever used when on the motorway and they are uncomfortable when used.

Im glad i had an RAC roll bar and no roof   :)

Westfield%20at%20Curborough.jpg