Questions arising from engine upgrade

colnagowetdream

I have just fitted my Vx 2.0l redtop into my old SE and a couple poblems have arisen, and with the wealth of knowledge out there I wondered if you could cast some ideas my way!

1. The bell mouths on throttle bodies trumpets rub on the chassis rail. Do I fit longer trumpets (what effect will this have on performance) and then fit foam filters or do I mill an angleon the intake manifold to give the the throttle bodies a upward tilt and therefore clear the chassis rail (there seems to be just enough meat on the manifold). I cannot raise the engine as it is a tight fit to get it under the original bonnet

2. My chassis is a 4 speed (apparently) and was converted to 5 speed by the previous owner. The gear lever of my type 9 is above the chassis rails so I cannot get the transmission tunnel flat plate on (this was also a problem with the car when it had the X-flow in). Do Ford do more than 1 gearbox mount, there doesn't seem to much in the mount that I have that can be reduced.

3. Where can I find out how the flowpath of coolant for the Vx engine is supposed to go as all I have is a load of hoses and pipes and don't have a clue where they all go!!

can you lower the exhaust side engine mount a little more this would angle the inlet side up a bit. would not need much :0