• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Incomplete chasis

I am building an 1800 Zetec SEiw. Good progress being made and have been able to overcome problems encontered so far with the help of this site and other individuals build diaries.

I seem to have two of the four radiator fixings missing (The top two, which I think should be at the top of the chasis on the leading edge?).

I am sure this can be rectified with a little imagination, however, should I make an issue about this with the factory? I was given a long winded chat about quality control when I visited the factory pre-purchase, do they have a case to answer?

Has anyone else had any similar problems? I feel a bit p******** off given the money I have spent?!

The top mountings are just aluminium sheet bent, and drilled to take the radiator bolt, and it is riveted onto the top rail of the chassis.   Westfield will probably charge the earth for em, so I'd suggest you fabricate them yourself.   I'll send a pic later if you wish, PM me with your e-mail address.

HTH

My top brackets were missing & I phoned the factory and they sent some down (powder coated steel) for free, along with the rivets.