Techcraft Exhausts

Tomcat

Morning Chaps,

I am in the middle of sourcing a new exhaust system for my Tomcat Turbo Westfield, mainly because my current one is a bit of an abortion of production car parts and secondly I want a repackable silencer as mine is a little loud for some venues.

I have spoken to Tony Law and Wunoff but both are too far away, Techcraft however are quite local and I was wondering if any of you good people had any experience of them you are willing to share and any photos of thier exhausts you could post or send me before I go and see them.

As the installation isn't standard it would have to be made specifically for my car but it will not need a manifold as it is a turbo, so it would just be a single tube, a silencer, a mount and a tailpipe, no oxy sensor boss either, any clues on price?

Thanks

Jan

Jan

Can't help you on price or photos but I can tell you that the stainless repackable can that I had on my car was a quality piece of kit.

It lasted well even considering the bashing that it took on my car with just the need for the ocasional repacking.

I only swaped to the Wonoff ali can for a weight saving, which was minimal.

HTH

Rob

Jan,

I have a Techcraft on my car and I will be at Curborough on Sunday if you want to see (car no 38) The noise reading has been 96 db at 5000rpm for the first 3 events that I have done this year.

Its 6" dia by 26" long.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Will see you there on Sunday if all goes to plan, what does your car look like, I looked at a couple of cars at the members only sprint a couple of weeks ago on Mothers Day, yours may have been one of them but I can't remember off the top of my head what the Techcraft silencers look like!

Cheers

Jan

Like in my avatar!

Green with a yellow nose and Protune / Procomp stickers on it.

John

Its 6" dia by 26" long.

oh yeah - not wot Jane tells me  :down:

what does your car look like

Take a look at April in the WSCC calendar  :D  :devil:  :D  ;)

Guess which pictures are of  John "Two Wheels" Loudons car  :D  ;)  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Techcraft is run by Roy Lane - 5 times British Hillclimb Champion and currently competing in a Gould single seater at the age of 60 something  ;)  he can get a Judd V8 quiet enough to pass the noise regs so can probably help you out  :D

Quote (John @ April 15 2004,11:28)

Its 6" dia by 26" long.

oh yeah - not wot Jane tells me  

Your right...it's 26.5" long :D

I have a Techcraft repackable silencer on my X-Flow and can honestly say that even though it is second hand and has had Rob Navin abusing it on (and off) the curcuit......its a top peice of kit.

A friend of mine has also just purchased one for his VX unit Westy...........again no probs and thoroughy chufffed

:cool:

Thanks for your help chaps!

I have spoken to Techcraft and he will supply me with the silencer and has put me in touch with STW (Steve or Paul) who will manipulate/fabricate the rest for me. Did any of you use them or know of anyone local (to Hinckley) capable of doing it in stainless?

Thanks

Jan

I have a 7" x 30" on my Busa

Top peice of kit, I have however heard of people having welds fail on the inlet, but mine seems fine.

Cheers

Bazzer

I Have the same as bazzer, and very pleased with it.

Some probs do arise with the welds, especially if the exhaust is not fitted straight inline with the manifold. But that is down to fitting.

Steve