Well my 1st event in the V8. I1st Outing in the V8

Buzz Billsberry

Well my 1st event in the V8. I knew this car was heavy @ 750Kg but it was like driving a super tanker!, it was very predictable tho'. Turn in was pretty good when I could get my right hand passed my leg :(  I need to bring the wheel out around 40mm)...a bit hairy the 1st time into cleareaux!! :(  :(  I didn't really push the car all day but managed to knock 6.5 secs off my lap time so reasonably happy with the performance.(Altho' it was still 4/5 sec slower than my skinny 2.0,16ver but much more predictable.

Made  a lot of bad gear selections. I really could have reduced the changes to half as the rev band is a lot narrower than the 16ver but the V8 has a lot more torque so I don't need to change as much. It definitely needs ARB's, brakes wise they where pretty good to stop 750,000 ton Westfield!.

My V8 is certainly not a race car. I didn't buy it for that, but it is an extremely capable road car. However, it is so lazy to drive and it just pulls and pulls and the sound is fantastic! Altho' the times weren't electric I still enjoyed it. I'm looking 4ward to the 1st track day in it least I can have a fanny with the settings . Any body know of any open pit lane track days over the coming months or if anyones doinbg a test day. Any info would be great.

It was good to see everybody again probably the 1st time since the September bash!!

Good to see you all, looking forward to Aintree

Buzz :D

Altho' the times weren't electric

looking forward to Aintree

Were they ever????:D  :devil:

See you at Aintree mate. You competing in the v8 there then? Is the valver still in action...or have I got most the bits now?

oioi cheeky bar steward :p

I was out in the 16ver last night, still good to drive u had all the surplus parts!

In V8 at Aintree

Can u send me directions I haven't been for 2 years

Cheers