Tow car for sale

Peter Cox

Volvo 850 Estate (actually I think it's an "855"(?))

2.5l 10v engine

1995 "N"

Approx 125,000 miles

FSH

Half leather

Air con

Sunroof

Traction control

Electric front windows

Tow bar

Alloys

Alarm

Remote central locking

Headlamp wash/wipe

Integral child seat

Electric mirrors

12 months MOT

Heated seats

Load cover

Plastic boot protector

Heavy duty metal cargo guard

Turqoise

£3,750 ono

That's why it says "ono"...but thanks for btting anyway :cool:

Actually...to justify this. Autotrader suggest a valuation of £4250 which I think is too high, especially as similar private autotrader sales range from £3250 (for a 200k'er) to £3900. I've looked after this car, it's in very good nick so to put it towards the top of the range with an "ono" is justified, IMHO.  :)

Don't think it's too expensive. A friend has a similar car, but the 2.0l version, I think, and was recently offered about £5k trade in against a new Volvo!

Mike

Makes my 1997 Omega 2.5 V6 look very cheap. It's still for sale :(

Good luck. Perhaps you'll be able to find a ram raider to buy it! They are pretty good for that apparently. Even stonger in reverse if fitted with a tow bar :D  :p  :D

Did you say "tow bar"?

£50 discount to any ram-raider, as long as I get first dibs on the illicit goods and proof of purchase is not supplied  :p  :D

God, that makes me sound dodgy, when I'm as straight-up as the next man to reply (god, I hope the next man to reply is straight-up) . :D

Don't think it's too expensive. A friend has a similar car, but the 2.0l version, I think, and was recently offered about £5k trade in against a new Volvo!

against a new car the trade in value will be high offset against the profit on the new car so the dealer gets the sale

I have not seen this car and it may be worth the money ? but on auto traders site the price is lower than the original asking price and i know of a few around me for sale asking less than this ?

the fact it has not sold quickly also backs this up

the fact it has not sold quickly also backs this up

It may be more to do with the fact that 2nd hand values are relatively low and that it's only been advertised in 2 places, on this site and on my driveway.

The omega threads been going a while too and, from what I read, general consensus is that the asking price is cheap.

No hurry, I don't need to sell it, it's just taking up space. The price will lower as time goes on, I may even auction it, what do you think?

Just bought the 2.5TDi version of this, felt like a Touring car driver on the test run, one rapid oil burner (also comes with lots of toys in CD spec, Air, Cruise, Full leather, CD, Electric everything inc. heater seats) should make towing a pleasure.

One thing missing was (sorry make that 2) jack & cover for the boot area, do you know if these are available?

Banana's, mine's got a jack and a boot cover.

Funnily enough, I'm selling them. Only £3,450 ono and they come with another car attached. :devil:  :p  :D  :D  :D

The jack's sorted, any ideas on where to get a boot cover ???

Sorry mate, other than Volvo themselves I can't think of anyone. Will keep an eye out for one though...

If...if whomever buys my covered gondola doesn't mind not having a cover, you can have mine for free.

If...if whomever buys my covered gondola doesn't mind not having a cover, you can have mine for free.

Peter

Just take it off & only give it them if they ask for it. :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

& Roberts your Grand-farther's son............. :D  :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.