Next Cambridge Area Meeting.

chazpowerslide

Hi all,

Details for the next Cambridge area meeting as follows;

Meet at Tesco car park (opposite the re-cycling area) at 11am on Sunday 11/04/03.

Please fuel up (if required) prior to departing at 11:30am.

We will take a run down to Hunstanton for a fish and chip lunch and then blat back at the White Horse in Milton arriving at about 3pm to meet up with those who didn't fancy fish and chips.

I will do the quiz this time (as I can't remember who won last time   :blush:  :blush:  :blush: ) and we must remember to put the £1:00 in.

I'm hoping to have Mr Zetec up and running for this run so it will be interesting "test" milage.

If the roads are chocka and Hunstanton seems like a bad idea on the day I have another route worked out as an alternative.

Please post below if you are intending to come to give me an idea of numbers.

Chaz.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• ChrisF

• SparkyB

• markh1970

I think I wos spose to do the Questions :)  but to be honest I can't think of any (I'm a complete Newbie).

I should be there if I can "borrow" my Mums tin-top.

Hope the Zetec behaves well Chaz.  :D

Mark

You'd save me a job Sparky if you did the quiz.

10 questions on motoring, motors or motorsport, easy peasy.

Anything goes from highway code questions to ones about your Westfield.

How about it?

Chaz.

We heard that your car is too loud Mr CW, we're avoiding you really as we don't want burst ear drums  :p

Chaz.

:p  :p

I took a newbie out for a run on Thursday evening from "P&F" Railway Tavern at Great Shelford. Went round the back lane to emerge near the hospital and return back over the railway crossing - Alex was outside on his phone and claims to have been able to hear us all the way round the circuit!

:devil:  :devil:

Chaz,

Count me in on the run to Sunny Hunny, but it's easier for me to meet you en-route.  

Are you going A10 Ely - Downham Market - Kings Lynn?  

If this is the route I'll meet you at Downham Market, post me an ETA and I'll post a meeting point.  ;)

Liam, Martin...you coming too and do you want to meet at Downham also   ???

Would love to come and join in with the Hunstanton run, but i'll be on the Isle of Wight and i haven't sold the Focus to fund the purchase of a Westie :(

If it doesn't go soon it will be probably be traded in for for a westie thats in a garage. Have seen one on the Sovereign car sales website which looks pretty good so i'll have to pop in and have a look in a week or so.

Enjoy the run.

Sean

P.S. Any one want to buy a Focus ST 170 ? or p/ex for a Westie ?

Chris, I have absolutly no idea where Hunstanton is or how to get there (this is a good start obviously)

I will look at a road map before Sunday ???

How long will it take to get from Cambridge to Downham Market? (about 30 mins I guess)

If you tell us where to meet you I'm sure we'll be able to find you.

Langly, as the car your looking at is in a dealers don't be tempted to pay over the odds for it.

Have a look on here/Findit and get a feel for the current prices/specs so you know what you should be paying for the car and don't rush, there are plenty of well speced cars out there for sound money ATM.

Chaz.

Chris, I have absolutly no idea where Hunstanton is or how to get there

Useless  :D  :D  :D

Chaz

I think you'll find it's A10 Ely - Downham - Kings Lynn then pick up the A149 to Hunstanton.  It's a nice run, we often do this route with a minor detour through Sandringham, just to to wake up the Royals  :D

Milton to Downham is 30 minutes max...so we will meet you at 12 o clock?  

The meeting point will be the litte chef / petrol station on the A10 just before Downham.  It's 500m on the right just after the roundabout for the Downham bypass.  Andrew Mills know the the meeting spot, you should be picking up Liam, Martin and I.

Weather permitting, see you then.

:t-up:

Chaz,

Cheers for the advice, will keep my options open.

Cambridge to Hunstanton is about an hour's run on a good day.

Happy Motoring

Hi Chaz,

Back after a long run abroad (work, not fun  :angry: )

Will bring along the Westie if the weather holds. My father will also try to pop along in his old girl (16 year old Westie) if she is up to it, if not we will meet at the pub.

Cheers,

Mark

Chaz

I'll be along to this one.  :D

Did you know there is some seven's racing at snetterton on the 11th. Might be worth a look as its kinda on the way.

BTW The A10 between Ely and Littleport is rough as hell but I know a much more interesting shortcut (Long Cut)   :t-up:

Any way see you there.

Rob