Fuel Tank for Sei

John Higgins

Hi, has anyone got a fuel tank with fuel injection provision for sale to fit my SEi or one that can be modified?

@John Higgins It’s quite easy just to get the tank modified see this thread on what I did, plus with the pot in the middle it will be better for fuel surge.

I bought the ally, folded it my self and did all the prep work. Then just got my local welder to weld it in. Probably cost less than £50 inc the welding 👍🏼

Hi Matt, thanks for the link, very interesting. I could do something similar except that I would like to install an in-tank pump set up from a Fiesta ST180 or similar. This avoids the need for swirl pot, pre-filter and separate fuel gauge sender unit so ultimately should be lighter. I do have the skills to fabricate a complete tank if necessary but my TIG welding skills are a little rusty! Cheers, John.

• Like 1

Hi Matt, Tim Reid's build is very good and sound like the solution I want. There's one thing that I didn't understand and that's the lack of a fuel return pipe. I have AT Power TB's and the fuel rail has in and out. Perhaps someone can clarify things for me.

@John Higgins I run a dead head system, so just one feed line to the fuel rail.

If you look at the first thread in my first reply there is a fuel system diagram, I take it the ford fuel pump will work the same hence one feed coming from the tank to the injectors.

@John Higgins Here’s the specific point about the Fiesta fuel pump it has a self return hence only needing the one fuel line to the throttle bodies.

IMG_9554.jpeg.d9500d1c11903689eccf74c1589bc935.jpeg

I just blanked off my fuel line with a screw on cap form Torques.

IMG_8209.jpeg.aef40cad2fd0dc1cc861c98cc04a5aeb.jpeg

I run a dead head system fuelling system too, blanking off the fuel rail in the same way as @Matt_S has.

IMG_1674.jpeg.885273973db17564e9a28da9f7554d9e.jpeg

Thanks guys, all very neat and tidy. I'll post some pictures when I've built it all. Cheers, John.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.