Westfield NT-1 update

Benrobson2999 - Kent AO

2 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Yes, I've been watching MK for the last 2 years and they are on the ball. In effect they are becoming the new Westfield. If Westfield go then it'll be MK in second place after Caterham I feel.

I've never driven an MK but I have to say I have seriously considered visiting them and seeing what I could get built to order to my exact spec.

If I were younger or did lots of track days I'd go back to a BEC (sold my old one earlier this year) but I think I'd struggle on the road with one nowadays, not exactly relaxing are they 😂

My Zetec turbo is just as quick but a lot less frantic. I do miss the sound and craziness of a BEC at times though. 

Yip, got to agree. Mate of mine completed his MK build over the winter. There is a buzz about them, especially with the weekly YouTube updates in a down to earth manner that just appeals to folk nowadays. 

WCL should take note.

• Like 1

I get the impression that their focus is much more on Chesil?

When trying to get support for parts of my build, they've been completely uninterested. MK seem much more on the ball, although not really interested in providing parts for cars other than their own. GBS however have been fantastic to deal with. If I was buying a new kit I'd probably look at them too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RizFizz said:

When trying to get support for parts of my build, they've been completely uninterested. MK seem much more on the ball, although not really interested in providing parts for cars other than their own. GBS however have been fantastic to deal with. If I was buying a new kit I'd probably look at them too.

I haven't really looked into GBS, I'm sure things are different now but are they not the 'new' Robin Hood of old?

Mk tend to be Q and donor so difficult to guage numbers.   Gbs have been good for tricky parts like rear hub nuts clockwise and anti clockwise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RizFizz said:

I really don't know anything much about the Chesil cars other than they are more upmarket and expensive. 

I think there is a video flying about where they pretty much say that their focus is on the Chesil's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

I really don't know anything much about the Chesil cars other than they are more upmarket and expensive. 

I think there is a video flying about where they pretty much say that their focus is on the Chesil's. 

If you ever find it please post a link @Craigieboy

3 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I haven't really looked into GBS, I'm sure things are different now but are they not the 'new' Robin Hood of old?

Chalk and cheese compared to the previous business.

If I was buying a kit now, in the absence of a new model from Westfield, I'd be looking at a GBS Zero for myself. Be on no price illusions though, kit's are comparatively a hell of a lot more expensive now, than ten, twenty and more years ago. Plus the sorts of big brand sports cars available for the sort of budget you'd need for an all new seven style kit make it harder than its ever been to justify.

I didn't get too long to chat about the new car with the Westfield team at the Hog Roast at Malvern; but I was assured it was progressing, just much slower than they'd hoped, and I suspect, in a slightly different direction to some of their original ideas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don’t know if Westfield cars read this Forum? It would be good to get some update from them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

I don’t know if Westfield cars read this Forum? It would be good to get some update from them.

You would think someone from WCL would be monitoring wouldn't you? I know I would if it were my company, I'd deem it essential tbh. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

You would think someone from WCL would be monitoring wouldn't you? I know I would if it were my company, I'd deem it essential tbh. 

image.png.039e546375f145b66470430728be3784.png

He may visit without logging in...................

image.png.06bfd365e213ecd99b9e137600f8ed2c.png

image.png.42fef9835c524e80d9a40f5a8b1a0dac.png

This looks more promising. Can we have an update @Westfield Chesil Limited?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

If you ever find it please post a link @Craigieboy

I'm sure it's been well viewed already.

• Thanks 1

On 20/07/2024 at 15:17, dvd8n said:

If I was in charge of the new Westfield, I think that I'd be putting my effort into supporting the existing cars with spares, repairs, upgrades, servicing, service kits, advice, and maybe update modules for more up to date things like modern engines, gearboxes, ECUs, LED lights, carbon parts, that sort of thing.

I do agree with you, but suspect that the ‘holiday period’ while they were not trading exposed many of their suppliers (and their pricing) to owners. Now they are back and trying to stick big margins on top I think people will just go direct wherever possible.

• Like 2

I am worried about them. I ordered some parts 7 weeks ago for my X1 build that I cannot get elsewhere. I have had one out of three delivered. Apart from that no contact despite calling them twice. 

Parts from other companies are delivered quickly with proper communication and follow up. 

This is basic service process and should be relatively easy to resolve. 

• Sad 1

There is a potential for some truly crazy profit with replicas. Currently, Stratos replicas are being advertised well north of £100k. A really, really good build would be about £50k or so if done right, although I know some folk who have spent significantly more.

For WFC, I can see why concentrating on a Porsche replica market could make good sense - charge more for basically the same as a Seven, on the ‘promise’ of a finished car that could(!) command a premium.  There's a bit more fibreglass in a Chesil than a Westfield but that’s about it. 

• Like 2

On 27/07/2024 at 11:24, John Ryan said:

I am worried about them. I ordered some parts 7 weeks ago for my X1 build that I cannot get elsewhere. I have had one out of three delivered. Apart from that no contact despite calling them twice. 

Parts from other companies are delivered quickly with proper communication and follow up. 

This is basic service process and should be relatively easy to resolve. 

I ordered some coloured gel coat the other day and it arrived at my door in 36 hours.  On the other hand I sent them a technical query about a month ago and I've heard nothing.

I kind of get the feeling that they're run ragged at the moment.  I also wonder if they've lost technical data in the transition?

D