Westfield NT-1 update

Benrobson2999 - Kent AO

Just wondered if there was any update on this new car? 
the website shows nothing since April 2024, I’ve not heard anything, has anyone else?

D94C8B15-C307-4F43-B840-5D41442B51A2.png

How many of the old styles have they sold ( kit or factory built) since the  rebirth?  

I do wonder what the future of Westfield cars is. As I would have expected some update on there website. Are they going to be at Silverstone this year?

36 minutes ago, Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

I do wonder what the future of Westfield cars is. As I would have expected some update on there website. Are they going to be at Silverstone this year?

My thoughts excally what is the future of Westfield Kit cars, I was really happy someone bought over the name etc but it seems to have went all quite with them.

5 hours ago, Two7 said:

How many of the old styles have they sold ( kit or factory built) since the  rebirth?  

I’m a massive advocate of the Westfield brand, but as I’ve commented before, if I was in the market for another car I would be looking at Caterham. The price new is now the same and the resale values are far better.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm not sure that the economics of buying a 'new' kit car really make sense any more.

It used to be a cheap way of getting into performance motoring, but that's not really true now. 

If I was in charge of the new Westfield, I think that I'd be putting my effort into supporting the existing cars with spares, repairs, upgrades, servicing, service kits, advice, and maybe update modules for more up to date things like modern engines, gearboxes, ECUs, LED lights, carbon parts, that sort of thing.

D

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dvd8n said:

To be honest, I'm not sure that the economics of buying a 'new' kit car really make sense any more.

It used to be a cheap way of getting into performance motoring, but that's not really true now. 

If I was in charge of the new Westfield, I think that I'd be putting my effort into supporting the existing cars with spares, repairs, upgrades, servicing, service kits, advice, and maybe update modules for more up to date things like modern engines, gearboxes, ECUs, LED lights, carbon parts, that sort of thing.

D

I do agree. If I had thirty or forty grand to throw at a play car, I would likely choose something else. I would love to see some entry level options, with a possibility of putting a basic car on the road for £15k to £20k including donor. That might keep some of the younger generation interested and bring new owners in. Going higher and higher end just competes with other much more attractive brands I think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

I’m a massive advocate of the Westfield brand, but as I’ve commented before, if I was in the market for another car I would be looking at Caterham. The price new is now the same and the resale values are far better.

I can't even find any prices! The website shows modules for say the Sport Zetec Final Edition, it even says prices are plus VAT, but there ARE no prices!

I see lots of posts from worried Westfield owners and zero replies, comments or assurances from Westfield Chesil. I don't know about you but my gut tells me that spells trouble. I do hope not though. 

It is worrying. Not responding to customers emails etc. There’s been nothing on social media, no advertising etc. Look at how MK are marketing their cars all over the internet. It would be a real shame if it were to happen again. I sincerely hope they can pull it out of the bag

• Like 1

I had a look at "how many left" westfield first registrations.

Screenshot_20240720_221442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a90b9384061f1e3a695b4c64044058b1.jpg

Pub maths time.  Assume 2020 regs deflated and 2021 regs inflated by covid , it probably would look like a steady decline from a high in 2018.  Given some kits take a few years to build we may be seeing the tail end of the kits being registered and say 7 factory cars last year. It will be interesting to see this years numbers. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Two7 said:

Screenshot_20240720_221442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a90b9384061f1e3a695b4c64044058b1.jpg

Pub maths time.  Assume 2020 regs deflated and 2021 regs inflated by covid , it probably would look like a steady decline from a high in 2018.  Given some kits take a few years to build we may be seeing the tail end of the kits being registered and say 7 factory cars last year. It will be interesting to see this years numbers. 

Grim reading. 

How do the figures stack up with other similar cars? 🤔 

18 hours ago, Benrobson2999 - Kent AO said:

It is worrying. Not responding to customers emails etc. There’s been nothing on social media, no advertising etc. Look at how MK are marketing their cars all over the internet. It would be a real shame if it were to happen again. I sincerely hope they can pull it out of the bag

Yes, I've been watching MK for the last 2 years and they are on the ball. In effect they are becoming the new Westfield. If Westfield go then it'll be MK in second place after Caterham I feel.

I've never driven an MK but I have to say I have seriously considered visiting them and seeing what I could get built to order to my exact spec.

If I were younger or did lots of track days I'd go back to a BEC (sold my old one earlier this year) but I think I'd struggle on the road with one nowadays, not exactly relaxing are they 😂

My Zetec turbo is just as quick but a lot less frantic. I do miss the sound and craziness of a BEC at times though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Two7 said:

Cripes. It's a huge drop since 2004 though isn't it!

I sometimes wonder what the effect will be on used prices if WC go? Will they go up due to rarity or go down due to no factory support?

Let's hope WC is not an initialism of doom with the toilet reference 💩

• Like 1