Warwickshire Area Meeting, Thursday 18th July

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

Time for the July meeting already! All welcome to our monthly get together for tyre kicking and car chat. I hope we can catch a break in the weather for a good turnout of Westfields!20240620_211903.thumb.jpg.5f354584fedf1a1fcc25b54cefde79e8.jpg

See you there from around 7.30pm! The Falcon, Birmingham Road, Hatton, CV35 7HA.

• Like 1

Will most likely  e coming as weather looks OK at rhe moment.

• Like 1

We’ll be there 😜 car might still be covered in flies and crap so don’t judge me 🤪

I was toying with coming to this but it's 77 miles from me and a bit too long there and back for an evening meet. Do you guys ever have weekend or daytime meets?

14 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I was toying with coming to this but it's 77 miles from me and a bit too long there and back for an evening meet. Do you guys ever have weekend or daytime meets?

It would be great to see you at the meeting, but I appreciate that it is a long drive at 150+ miles round trip. However, I wouldn't mention that in the presence of @aeg though, as Andy and Becky are long distance royalty after completing the Long Road North Trip recently!

We do meet at the Falcon Hotel, so an overnight stay is an option if your circumstances allow?

Otherwise, the only day time option planned at the moment will be our track day at Curborough Sprint Course on 20th September. You are welcome to join us during the day as a spectator, or you could book on the track day if you fancy it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll pop over from Worcester Martyn if the weather forecast is right. And I'm another TLWN veteran - it was a brilliant event 👏

• Like 2

@Stuart more long distance royalty 👏 Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

I hoping to be there also

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

It would be great to see you at the meeting, but I appreciate that it is a long drive at 150+ miles round trip. However, I wouldn't mention that in the presence of @aeg though, as Andy and Becky are long distance royalty after completing the Long Road North Trip recently!

We do meet at the Falcon Hotel, so an overnight stay is an option if your circumstances allow?

Otherwise, the only day time option planned at the moment will be our track day at Curborough Sprint Course on 20th September. You are welcome to join us during the day as a spectator, or you could book on the track day if you fancy it!

Thanks @Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO but circumstances don't allow atm. However I am sure I will eventually make it to say hello. 

I love the Cotswolds, spent a lot of happy times there when I was much younger than I am now and the trip goes through some cracking places.

Shame my aunt doesn't still live there cos I could have come up regularly and stayed at hers with the car being safe. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I have not been able to organise any runs around the Cotswolds recently as my car has been off the road for some time! In previous years we have visited the area quite a few times and hopefully we can again sometime soon!

• Like 2

Back in the 80s I'd regularly try and break my record for the run to and from my aunt's house and mine in my Elan +2S 130, usually in the middle of the night flat out all the way!  Didn't have speed cameras etc back then of course so it was epic fun!

I've just emailed the Falcon to ask about possible secure parking if I stayed overnight so you never know I may be up sooner than expected 😂👍

• Like 1

Royalty 🤣 more like riff raff 🤪 Mileage!!!!!!!! Don’t talk to me about mileage,  Car taxed and ready from March 1st, what with the weather, family and work we manage less than 150miles till June 1st, then with Malvern,TLWN and holiday to Cornwall we’ve manage 1600 miles to July 14th ( 6wks) let’s see what we can get in before Sorn at the end of October 😜, catch you all Thursday 

• Like 2