• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

grand prix

JonnyBoy

From the FIA web site

The FIA has received evidence which suggests that, contrary to the information supplied by the time-keepers at the Brazilian Grand Prix, car no. 11 (Fisichella) had started his 56th lap before the race was stopped. If this proves to be the case, the race classification would be that at the end of the 54th lap and not at the end of the 53rd lap as published.

In accordance with Article 179(b) of the International Sporting Code, the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix will re-convene on Friday 11 April at 11.00 hrs at the FIA headquarters in Paris to review the results of the event. All competitors who would be affected by any change to the classification are being invited to attend.

Looks like Fisi could get his win after all...

Andy

which is exactly what he deserves!!! As he was obviously much quicker than Riakonnen on the drying track, with Bridgestones the better tyre for the conditions.

If he is given the win it will keep the championship very close. It a shame so many people went off at turn 3 as it was really lookin to be a good race between the Ferraris & Mclaren & even Weber.

A couple of comments here if I may.

Adelaide, 1986.  If Mansell had left his car in the middle of the track after his right rear tyre let go and stopped the race, he would have become World Champion.  Still I guess the escape road was a better gamble!

Secondly, the rule changes made for 2003 was to stop the boredom setting in with Ferrari winning most of the races.  Who has won the first 3 races……..McLaren

Déjà vu?

I've always maintained that Ferrari's domination wouldn't last forever. F1 moves in phases. In the 80s McLaren dominated, the early 90s it was Williams, then the later 90s McLaren came to the fore again.

I doubt the regulation changes have had a huge amount to do with the racing we've seen this season. Two of the 'good' races (Oz and Brazil) have primarily been down the the weather. Malaysia was the one that showed that the other teams (McLaren and Renault spring to mind) appear to have caught up to Ferrari.

There's still the 2003-GA to come though :)

Andy (not a Ferrari fan)

Secondly, the rule changes made for 2003 was to stop the boredom setting in with Ferrari winning most of the races.  Who has won the first 3 races……..McLaren

Déjà vu?

But at least a lot of different people could have won.

Montoya was in a strong position in Adelaide, Alonso in Malaysia and as mentioned above Fisichella may even get the win for Brazil  :t-up:

Cheers

David

A result then.   Much as I think Coultard should have taken the honours after such a well run race, it's good to see Jordan's anguish over the last few months has been rewarded with a win.