WSCC Speed Series

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

We have been fortunate to have the Westfield Speed Series visit our area four times in recent months, with rounds at Mallory (March and June) and Curborough (double header last weekend).

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all the competitors and WSCC members we have met for being so friendly and helpful (answering our daft questions! 😂) to those of us that keep to the roads and/or dabble with a track day or two.

At some point, @HB46443 and I (with the help of some experts!) will try and do a little video on what you need (kit, small modifications etc) and how easy it is to enter your road going Westfield into a Sprint or Hillclimb. It's a great alternative to track days, all same circuits but with nothing else on track with you to inadvertently spoil your day!

I would really encourage you to go along and watch an event near you if you can. Seeing versions of your own car competing on equal terms with single seaters, modifieds, classics, hot hatches and modern sports cars is great fun.

The friendly paddocks are a delight, being able to freely chat to the drivers and get up close to the cars is getting more unusual these days (try to do that at the BTCC or F1!).

Here is a copy of the calendar, hopefully you'll find a round near you! 

image.png.a650d2ef9c1b8bd6539010d027dda1ed (1).png

I've scoured YouTube for some videos for your viewing pleasure!

Highlights from June with a few minor "offs" and lock ups

Highlights from March.

Some in car footage from a 350Z at the Mallory round in June.

Caterham in car footage from the event in March.

Again from the March round.... really shows the incredible speed of the single seaters!

Fisher Fury (a clothed "seven") at the same event

• Like 7

Sod's Law, Gurston is nearest to me at about 54 miles, the rest are all 2 or 3x that and the Gurston ones are all finished. Very interested in finding out how to do these things though so look forward to any info you guys put together 👍👍 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

We have been fortunate to have the Westfield Speed Series visit our area four times in recent months, with rounds at Mallory (March and June) and Curborough (double header last weekend).

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all the competitors and WSCC members we have met for being so friendly and helpful (answering our daft questions! 😂) to those of us that keep to the roads and/or dabble with a track day or two.

At some point, @HB46443 and I (with the help of some experts!) will try and do a little video on what you need (kit, small modifications etc) and how easy it is to enter your road going Westfield into a Sprint or Hillclimb. It's a great alternative to track days, all same circuits but with nothing else on track with you to inadvertently spoil your day!

I would really encourage you to go along and watch an event near you if you can. Seeing versions of your own car competing on equal terms with single seaters, modifieds, classics, hot hatches and modern sports cars is great fun.

The friendly paddocks are a delight, being able to freely chat to the drivers and get up close to the cars is getting more unusual these days (try to do that at the BTCC or F1!).

Here is a copy of the calendar, hopefully you'll find a round near you! 

image.png.a650d2ef9c1b8bd6539010d027dda1ed (1).png

I've scoured YouTube for some videos for your viewing pleasure!

Highlights from June with a few minor "offs" and lock ups

Highlights from March.

Some in car footage from a 350Z at the Mallory round in June.

Caterham in car footage from the event in March.

Again from the March round.... really shows the incredible speed of the single seaters!

Fisher Fury (a clothed "seven") at the same event

Some great videos, the winner at Mallory Park was our own @pete g who also won the British Sprint Cahmpionship last year. As have a number of WSCC competitors over the years. 

• Like 1