Running slooooooow again…

Captain Colonial

Anyone else got a very slow forum?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Running OK here.

Ah, spoke too soon!

After the first few click throughs, it's response time has slowed right down; a back ground process hogging memory/processor cycles again, possibly.

• Sad 1

Yes, it's doing it again, started late last night, it does seem to be intermittent, so thinking rather than a board issue it is perhaps the servers ISP that maybe needs a reboot?.

ETA

When I posted the above it was ok, just posted elsewhere just now and it took a good 10 seconds before the post was sent.

Just posted a recent pics thing, and its even worse now, I am sure it will be sorted out .

Back to normal again, lightening fast here, all very odd.

Have to say that despite spending quite a bit of time looking into why this was happening, I couldn’t find anything to explain it other than it appeared to be the MySQL database that was the root cause. 

Because we run the forum on third party software (Invision Community) it is entirely possible that their code is responsible for this (perhaps by running a complex query every now and then or by running some maintenance task like re-indexing the database).

I thought a full reboot would fix it, but it was just the same afterwards. Then it just went back to normal. Very odd. 

If it is the software vendor’s fault, they are pretty good at releasing updates, so watch this space. 

• Thanks 2

So in short, the hamster that powers the servers, may have been napping 😎

Thanks for checking, though 👏👏

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

So in short, the hamster that powers the servers, may have been napping 😎

Thanks for checking, though 👏👏

Sounds more like the hamster was running balls-out but couldn’t keep the wheel going fast enough 😁

• Haha 1

Someone get a second hamster, this one is worn out and needs a break, back to slow mode sadly.

• Haha 1

Yeah, slow for me too. 

Yep 😔