A sad request....- Members required to attend funeral procession Fri 24th Nottinghamshire

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I was contacted recently by the son of a former member and Westfield owner (@simmihere on the foru. or Neil Simm in real life) who sadly passed away from cancer. Apparently Neil was a lifelong lover of Westfields but sadly sold the car after a few years when life got in the way.

Wesley, his son has asked if its possible for a car or two to drive in front of the hearse a short distance to Gedling Crematorium tomorrow from about 340pm.

We won't be going into the funeral, just a quick 5 minute drive to send him off in style and then head home.

I will be parked roughly where the pin is (junction of the B684 and Catfoot Lane) at 330pm.

Screenshot_20240523_103122_Maps.jpg

If anyone is available to bring a car along to accompany me in mine it would be hugely appreciated by Neil's family.

Thanks

Rob 

Edited by Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
improved title.
  • Thanks 3

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to A sad request....- Members required to attend funeral procession Fri 24th Nottinghamshire

Thank you Rob, a very touching and kind thing to do. I am sure that I speak for the club as a whole and say should you speak with Neil's family, please pass on our condolences . Just as poignant,  I myself have requested a similar thing to occur, with my own car ( and hopefully others) leading the cortege. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all, a great tribute.