Intrepid, stupid or both?

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

Well, I certainly like a challenge, that’s for sure! I left work at 3.15pm, and arrived home at 8.45pm! 5.5 hours 🤪

Traffic was horrendous, unsurprisingly given the bank holiday. I took what was proposed as a faster route down the A3 and A31 which in itself was very hefty, no idea if it cost me time or saved it.

At one point, whilst heading down a country lane, I happened upon a ewe with young lamb which had escaped from their field. I spent about 25 mins with a couple of others rounding them up and back somewhere safe!

I topped up with fuel just near work, had one comfort break/leg stretch off the A31 somewhere, and then filled up at the ESSO garage on the A303 near West Knoyle. That took me about ten minutes to get back on the A303 due to the amount of traffic using the garage!

The final challenge was losing an exhaust bolt about 30 minutes from home, so I had to limp home sounding like a cross between a Messerschmitt and a VW Camper van 🤣.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it all, despite the challenges. 457 miles in two days, job done 👍.

IMG_8984.jpeg

• Like 4

Well that's what I call being committed ( some say you should be :p ) well done that was some week, loved your stories and the above photo of the lost sheep, here's to next year - anything planned ?, lol.

• Thanks 1