• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Roof Owners

scooby

all the time :suspect:

leave it at home mate unles you're thinking of attending an event chris elworthy organises ... snow chains & roof are a must if you do  :D

I leave the roof on the car all the time.  I have only driven with it about three times in two years but tend to use it when parked.  The local seagulls have a good aim.  :angry:

A tonneau would probably be a better solution.

That basically mirrors my use of the tonneau. It's always in the boot, and if I park up somewhere then I would tend to put the tonneau on.

However, cos it got wet last year, it appears to have shrunk and now doesn't fit. Guess it needs to sleep in the airing cupboard one night soon before the car starts to get used more regularly again :)

Andy

Roof and frame in attic.  Tonneau either fitted on depature or left in garage.   Boot box kept for other things......

Should start a survey on what people stow in their boot box - but I am not sure I want to know!

John

It may already have been done :)

In mine is the tonneau, couple of towels (got caught out in the rain once, used them to dry seats off :)), spare throttle cable, set of allen keys (can't get wheels off otherwise), jack, wheel wrench thingy.

Think that's about it.

Oh, and recently, a set of jump leads behind passenger seat :)

Andy

Got down to Spain last year having 'packed' all tools etc in bag for the boot box, clothes and other stuff on passenger seat.  

Seeking bug remover I opened boot box to find it empty.  Bag still on garage floor in Yorkshire :durr:

My tonneau is folded back under the boot box cover, and stowed there if it isn't in use.   I carry a jack, wheel brace, pliars, screwdrivers, a couple of allen keys and spanners, a few sockets, an alternator drive belt, a few rags, a torch, and after last year's trip down to Dover, a spare thermostat housing in case I encounter any agressive sleeping policemen!

If I'm local, that lot stays in the garage, and I rely on my mobile phone.

Plus of course a bunch of polo shirts, sweat shirts, fleeces, coats, baseball caps, teddy bears, pens, stickers, back copies of WW, calendars, small change, carrier bags, membership renewal/application forms, and key rings!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

So it was you I saw on the M6 driving a Se7en towing a box trailer? :D

Andy

I don't own a roof, and my road car doesn't even have a boot! In the UK, I don't cary any tools at all. I don't have a spare wheel, so no need for a jack or wheelbrace, just a puncture repair kit. I carry a couple of small towels, a travel blanket, and some luggage straps in case Blatgirl goes shopping!

When abroad, I do carry some tools, mostly old crap spanners (IE, ones that if I lose/get stolen, won't break my heart, or the bank), a couple of adjustable spanners, mole grips, and some duct and electrical tape. They live in a tool roll behind one of the seats.......

Most of Europe is quite civilised, so getting spark plugs or cables is pretty easy, although I never travel abroad without some sort of Roadside Recovery assurance. It's a must, IMHO......

Bag still on garage floor in Yorkshire :durr:

:D  :D  :bangshead:  :D  :D  :bangshead:  :D  :D

So it was you I saw on the M6 driving a Se7en towing a box trailer? :D

Andy

It would cut down on the overcrowding, but could it keep up with the Westfield?

???  ???  ???  ???  ???