Yorkshire additional summer meeting

S13RUM

Well some of us turned up (Yorkshire lads) and despite a 100mile round trip and paddling home it was an interesting night

Terry Everall

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S13RUM

• Terry Everall

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• AndrewMc

You reckon! Got home from Venice last night, saw the local roads in Sth Yorks and thought the plane must have done a u-turn somewhere!

Raining in York !

Tin top beckons and seems good idea ! :D

If you didnt guess - IT DID RAIN

Only 3 cars plus Mike Ashton ( I am on sick ) and me in tin tops turned up and 7 members.

At the last A64 meet and again last night it was mentioned about creating a further area meet? I know that we have two already but as the weathers been c**p most of the summer would it do any harm to pencil a couple more dates in just in case? Perhaps a weekend, bank holiday monday?

Drive out on Bank Holiday Monday sounds good. I fancy a visit to either the Theakstons or Black Sheep breweries near Leyburn (went past them on the C-2-C). Any one else got any suggestions ?

Black Sheeps better than Theakstons IMHO.. done 'em both with other car clubs.

Car Parking at Black Sheep is not massive.. but the plus side is that you can all use the bar and restaurant without doing the tour.. which is OK if you have never been, but 'aint worth the money to do it twice.

Just my thoughts,

Nick

John Smiths I think, dont know if theres a tour or even a bar/cafe? Pretty sure there isn't much else in Tadcaster although the road out to Knaresborough aint bad from there!