• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

my duratec FW

mTT97

Nice to meet you all!

i want to present my westfield and show some pictures of the restoring process.

I bought this car in 2022 from a guy in Asti (TO).

Now the car is located in in Belluno (near Cortina or the Giau pass for example)

It would be a pleasure for me to meet any member of wssc and show some of our beautiful mountain roads😁

the car it's a 2008 fw duratec 2.0 with wide track and throttle body. MT75 gearbox and sierra iopen diff.

In the first pictures you can see that she was in a deplorable overall condition and a lack of basic general maintenance.

since then I've done:

• full service (gearbox oil, diff oil, engine oil, fresh coolant)
  • ECU tune and sweep test, the car now make around 170hp on 95 octane. We are far away from the hp alpha weber used to advertise on its ITB kit. Does anyone have the same ITB?
  • New 55mm coolex radiator
  • new steering bolts and steering lockstop (while turning left the wheel used to touch the body, now this doesn't happen anymore)
  • installation of heater, wiper and windscreen
  • replaced the straight exaust with the original one polished
  • new 195/50 r15 hankook k120
  • new RCC seats
  • new interior moquette
  • new air filter
  • corner weighting and wheels alinement
  • fixed the stop light (brake pressure switch wasn't working anymore)
  • rollbar painting

I will also come to Malvern on sunday the next month, but I will reach Uk by ✈.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiCTvxtbkYfcgatk1n4k5lfSbCQWtg?e=e2drSg

• Like 2

here are some of the latest pics

latest_jobs (1)-min.jpg

latest_jobs (2)-min.jpg

latest_jobs (3)-min.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the club. Looks a decent car and now you have done all that work it will be great for the summer in Italy, hope you can make it over here for the show. 

• Like 1

Ciao Mattia @mTT97

Great to see your progress with your car.

We've already been talking on FB as we didn't manage to meet last summer in Italy. We're heading back this year and we can talk at Malvern. It would be great to see you during our trip too. You're right in the centre of our proposed 'play ground'-

image.png.3623ca6d51b487eddfaf489ff0843c5b.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ciao Mattia @mTT97

Great to see your progress with your car.

We've already been talking on FB as we didn't manage to meet last summer in Italy. We're heading back this year and we can talk at Malvern. It would be great to see you during our trip too. You're right in the centre of our proposed 'play ground'-

image.png.3623ca6d51b487eddfaf489ff0843c5b.png

I remember of you crazy guys coming to Italy with westfield 😁

In Italy i can reach you on saturday or sunday, we will organize what's possibile.

Passo Giau it's a really popular route for light cars here in Italy. Lot's of hairpin bends and stunning wiew plus the road is in pretty good conditions.

You should check that, I can also bring you but It's up to your travel plans.

See you and the guys in Malvern!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mTT97 said:

I remember of you crazy guys coming to Italy with westfield 😁

Great!- We're still crazy 😁

9 hours ago, mTT97 said:

In Italy i can reach you on saturday or sunday, we will organize what's possibile.

Sadly the few train dates in and out of Austria mean we won't be in Italy over a weekend-

image.png.e4e6220605bd766ede2eeb9266d9a5ed.png

As you can see we leave on the Sat, but you could drive on the Sat morning with us? It's only about 2.5 hours to Innsbruck from our Hotel, so we can go Pass Blatting on Saturday morning too with you.

9 hours ago, mTT97 said:

Passo Giau it's a really popular route for light cars here in Italy. Lot's of hairpin bends and stunning wiew plus the road is in pretty good conditions.

You should check that, I can also bring you but It's up to your travel plans.

See you and the guys in Malvern!

Passo Giau is on our list as well as - passo costalunga, Passo Falzarego, Passo Fedaia, passo Gardena, Passo Monte croce, Passo Sella, Passo Stelvio & Gallerie Passo San Boldo

9 hours ago, mTT97 said:

That will be great

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Great!- We're still crazy 😁

Sadly the few train dates in and out of Austria mean we won't be in Italy over a weekend-

image.png.e4e6220605bd766ede2eeb9266d9a5ed.png

As you can see we leave on the Sat, but you could drive on the Sat morning with us? It's only about 2.5 hours to Innsbruck from our Hotel, so we can go Pass Blatting on Saturday morning too with you.

Passo Giau is on our list as well as - passo costalunga, Passo Falzarego, Passo Fedaia, passo Gardena, Passo Monte croce, Passo Sella, Passo Stelvio & Gallerie Passo San Boldo

saturday 06/07 will be fine! of course I will reach you in the morning 😄 

• Thanks 1