• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Fitting harnesses

BEN99W

My ZEi has the inertia real seatbelt, and I would like to fit a harness. However having had the boot box out there are no additional mounting points on the chassis to accomodate the other shoulder straps. would it pass an MOT or be safe to attach to the roll over bar as an alternative?

Any thoughts appreciated...  :)

There should be mounting points on the chassis, I have just done this exercise on my SeiW.

What year is your car....

The ZEi is a 'special edition'. ISTR someone else running into the same problem, and having to have the mounting points welded to the chassis.

Yep, look here.

Andy

There should be mounting points on the chassis, I have just done this exercise on my SeiW.

What year is your car....

Its a 94 ZEi - and there certainly arent any lugs for fitting a harness to, although I do have lugs for the RAC roll bar...

Welding bits in seems like a big pain in the A*** as I guess the whole area need to be stripped down... maybe i'll just have to avoid crashing. :D

Not a complete strip down. Boot box out and rol bar off should suffice. Westfield sell the bosses, and they're cheap. Anyone even half way handy with a mig welder will have 'em welded on in about 10 minutes....... do it.....

Don't fudge it - get the lugs welded in and harnesses fitted correctly  ;)  ;)  ;)

How much do you value your life  :down:  :down:  :down:  ???  ;) seat belts can save them - if fitted and worn correctly  ;)  :down:

Funny enough, I'm having lugs welded tomorrow.  Lugs cost £1.00 each from Westfield's.