• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Apple iPhone 15 info required - resolved.

Richard (OldStager)

Hi all, as my old 6s, is on it last legs, I have been looking at the 15, if you own one how does it compare to your previous Apple phones?. Is there a better one than a 15 - no android posts please I have one and don't like it.

Thanks

Richard

If you are going from a 6 the difference will be huge. It will be so much faster, more responsive, nicer screen, better battery life, massively better camera and more. 

I’d suggest getting a genuine Apple refurbished 14 or 15 though. It will save you quite a few quid and any iPhone from a 12 up will be so much better than a 6.

I have a 13 pro max and not looking to upgrade yet as it’s excellent as it is. Might upgrade when it gets to 3 or 4 years old though. I like the bigger screen and longer battery life of the “max” range. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Kingster , to be honest as long as it lasts more than 30 mins on standby and can take more than 3 photos before shutting down I would be very happy. A friend upon me having these issues , gave me a fairly newish Samsung to try out, and I really don't get on with it at all. Yes that was my plan to get a refurb one, and thought before I went for it I'd ask here first. :yes:

I’ve just changed from an 8 to 15pro and the difference is huge.

Apps run faster, camera is better, battery life is 4x as good. 

being Apple the user interface is exactly the same and all my apps, photos and passwords transferred across from the old phone in a matter of minutes.

no negatives as far as I’m concerned 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Mark (smokey mow), so your jump was quite large too then, the apps is one reason I can't get on with the Samsung, this 6s must be over 10 years old now, it was a departed family members phone, and it still runs all the apps I am likely to need ( banking etc) , yet the Samsung is far newer ( not brand new but say 4 years old) yet when I tried to install the HSBC app it said the firmware was too old to do so. Samsung no longer support firmware updates to it anymore - so its next to useless to me.

59 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Thanks @Mark (smokey mow), so your jump was quite large too then, the apps is one reason I can't get on with the Samsung, this 6s must be over 10 years old now, it was a departed family members phone, and it still runs all the apps I am likely to need ( banking etc) , yet the Samsung is far newer ( not brand new but say 4 years old) yet when I tried to install the HSBC app it said the firmware was too old to do so. Samsung no longer support firmware updates to it anymore - so its next to useless to me.

personally I’ve never been a fan of Samsung or android, I just don’t find it as intuitive as Apple but I appreciate that everyone’s tastes and opinions are different.

i have used Samsung as a work phone for the last 7-8 years (not my choice) and currently on an A13 but I always prefer my iPhone.

Funny you should say that about intuition , I thought it was just me being used to Apple's way of doing things over what an Android based one does. It reminds me a bit like the the change from Windows to Linux. I stuck with Windows in the end. Going to see what refurb ones are out there then today, although I have bought cars that were less expensive, LOL.

• Like 1

OK post closed - phone purchased, going for a lie down was quite a shock to pay that much for a phone , lol. Arriving tomorrow it says. Apple iPhone 15 (128 GB) - Blue .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too late then I guess.  I've had both and prefer Android.  But Samsungs aren't typical Android; Samsung install a 'skin' over the top of the Android OS and install 'bloatware' which I don't like.  A stock Android phone is different, you can tailor it exactly as you want it - and there are plenty of decent budget ones out there from about £150 up. 

• Thanks 1

Ah , I didn't know that @Stuart thanks. Maybe why I was struggling with it then  aside from its outdated firmware. I found trying to find things didn't make sense compared  to the Apple product. If you recall ( its was a while ago now about 3 years?) I said I hadn't owned one before, and so the iPhone was the first one I had, even as a fresh user I found it quite easy to find my way around, not so with the Samsung. Oh and the reason I didn't want to pay all at once for car tax is due to this purchase, I knew I needed a new phone already and over a grand out of my account wasn't ideal in the same month. I have bought cars less expensive than the phone today.

• Like 1

• Richard (OldStager) changed the title to Apple iPhone 15 info required - resolved.

Thanks to all that helped me here, yes the 15 is a big improvement on my now failed 6, at first I was a bit confused at the lack of the physical button at the bottom of the phone, but soon worked it out, the interface , although updated is still as easy to navigate and pleased to say the camera side if it is much better also. My only criticism would be that who ever is refurbing these and then packing them up, nice enough as the box was, all stout and everything it never came with the sim tray removal pin thingy. This was resolved by borrowing a suitable dress making pin from next door ( I don't "do" sewing, lol ) also the charge cable they included wasn't what I use, it came with a USB C at both ends rather than the C at one end and the standard ( I don't know what it's called) USB a PC has. no big deal as my local grocery store has these on the shelf.