Boscombe sprint cancelled

SteveC

About 5minutes after posting that, I realised that Llandow is technically south of the M4, although try getting to it without going on the M4!

You could, but you'd either have to go North of the M4 to do it, or swim :)

Andy

The Speed Series caters very nicely for People who live in the Midlands or up North, so it'd be nice to replace Boscombe with a similarly southern event.

I am sure this is not an objective for the organisers of the Speed Series - isn't it just a plain fact that the majority of the most suitable venues are north of the M4?  Nothing to do with being "handy" for us folks to just happen to have made the sensible decision to live in the Midlands - where all the decent beer is made and Staffordshire Oatcakes - yum yum :devil:

I think this is another one of those discussions that comes up fairly often. I know I've 'complained' about it myself.

It seems to be a fact of life that most of the 'affordable' circuits / hill climbs are in the northern half of the country. Just one of the many things those of us 'darn sarf' have to put up with I guess :)

Andy

Not really,

Cos there are plenty of other Southern based sprint series's, although perhaps with not the same atmosphere as the WSCC crowd.

No biggie, just a shame to lose Boscombe.

Ah, Ok :blush:

My knowledge of this sort of thing is limited to what I've read on here really.

I do remember Mark saying something in the past about not receiving invitations to sprints down south?

I think he mentioned that people should 'put in a good word' with the organising club to see if the WSCC can get an invite in future...

Or am I just confused again...?

:suspect:

Andy

I think the only SS event south of the M4 is Wiscombe innit?

If you're not counting Goodwood, then yes. Llandow doesn't count........

We used to do Dunkeswell (Devon) and Lydden (Kent) too, although not this year........

The Speed Series caters very nicely for People who live in the Midlands or up North, so it'd be nice to replace Boscombe with a similarly southern event.

Anything at Gurston Down?

It would if we were invited  :D  ;) No invites for Gurston or Prescott  :down:  :down:

Don't take it as any predjudice or bias - there is no way that ever is a thought when we're arranging events - we think long and hard to get as much balance as poss - But the simple fact is we need invites   ;)  ;)

Goodwood, Lydden, Wiscombe, Llandow (x2), North Weald are all on the calendar which may be regarded as Southern - thats 6 events from 28 with Curborough (x2), Loton, and Shelsley all within reasonable reach of motorway routes  :D

Blats - Lydden is on the 2004 SS calendar  

:oops:

I need to re-check my calendar........ prob'ly be worthwhile seeing if it's the same organising club as last time. If so, perhaps I won't go anyway........  :0:0:0

C'mon Blats do wake up  :D  :devil: toooo much sangria again  :D  :devil:  :D

Lydden is Borough 19 MC  ;)  :D  ;)

Do you think we'd get involved with that other organising club again  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

As you darn saf say "Do us a fava mate"  :D  :devil:  :D Arwight  :D  :devil:

Did you hear the news? Satan skated to work today...

Andy

Look in your regs  ;)  ;)  ;)  There's a full and complete fixture list -(cept for Boscombe / Hethel changes)  :D  :D

Ian - You have the regs and you put them somewhere safe so as not to lose em  :D  :D  :devil:  :D