• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

New Underwear Please

Nick.Petty

Anchor both ends of the outer cable to their retaining ferrels with either heat shrink sleeving or lock wire so that they do not jump out and hold the throttle open. For a stop, use a bolt with 2 nuts  through the bulkhead. Use the nuts to adjust the length of the projecting bolt. Weld a plate on the end of the bolt head if so desired.

Also fit good throttle return springs. If RAW did this installation for you, I know whose door I would be knocking if I were you  ;)

JL

Scary moments to start with was driving round Croix en Ternois track in the pouring rain on slicks. Car got very sideways down the main straight at about 70mph when I was accelerating hard over a small 'river'. Remember thinking "that pit wall looks hard" :blush: Solution was to change gear when crossing the 'river'

except for accelerator pedals breaking

You are joking arent you  :angry:

Jeez how much presure goes on an accelerator pedal compared to brake pedal  ???  can I trust the brake pedal  :0

`kin ell, tell me I can trust my brakes  :blush:  :blush:

The plot thickens....

When my throttle is progressively pushed open it goes through a stiff point in the linkage about 3/4 to 4/5 of the way fully open - when the linkage is nearly at the completely vertical stage (the bit between the two carbs).

Is there a spindle running through the carbs that could be bent or not quite completely rounded, so that it catches at some point and prevents the throttle returning ?

Nick.