• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

dash and sva

flanker7

I've tried a search but can't find out about the nagging  doubt in my mind that I read somwhere that there is configuration for a dash layout that will and won't pass sva. This in relation to where high beam switches and its relevent indictor light must be and a few other issues along the same lines. Or don't it matter where you put 'em?

Thanks  :cool:

i fitted my dash last week and was told by westfield that the rear fog light switch must be second from the right and to do so the wiring loom would have to be pulled tight as it is not made in that order.hope that helps :p

martin

I have used toggle switches placed behind the steering wheel in stead on the rocker switches that Westfield use, I seem to remember that the main point with the switches is that the High Beam and Fog Light have to have warning lights and the they have the correct radius.  Is there any order in which the car makers fit them???

HTH

Neil

Having just looked into this myself, I have found the following:

* If objects protrude more than 3.2mm from the dash they need to be radiused to 2.5mm.

* If they protrude more than 9.5mm they need to either break off at the base on impact or retract into / behind the dash.

* there is an exclusion zone to these rules where items not meeting the above can be located within 127mm of the outer edge of the steering wheel.

* fog, hazard, main beam need a light to operate on use, this could be a seperate light to the switch.

Hope this helps

Glen

Having just looked into this myself, I have found the following:

Hope this helps

Glen

Dont mention switches :( you'll start Glen off again who's got more switches on his dash than a 747 :D

Dont mention switches  you'll start Glen off again who's got more switches on his dash than a 747

:D  :D

I suppose I left myself open to this one, I got my switches but no dash yet!